Traffic Light Stays Red

I have a magnetic personality. I can trigger the sensors by just walking over to them and standing there.
Street lamps also turn off when I walk past them.
Seriously.

I have one of the green light triggers and it works - sometimes. The best technique I've found so far is just to hit the front brake HARD when you're over the sensor and get the front end to dive down close to the pavement. That works for most of the stubborn ones.

(Spigga @ Nov. 06 2006,07:34)
(thismonsterlives @ Nov. 06 2006,10:27) I either wait for a car to come or I'll wait for a break in traffic and just blow it.
Ditto!
Yep  
pissed.gif
dat's what I do  
race.gif

(mattyss @ Nov. 06 2006,21:19) In what I thought to be a well traveled 33 years this post is the first time I have ever heard of a red light that has a sensor to make it change to green when you approach it.
now I know what those green light triggers are that people peddle on ebay are for . I always thought it was some kind of James Bond mod

iamwithstupid.gif
That is a different product altogether and is illegal in some states. Check your local law, yada yada yada.

--Wag--

(Donnie373 @ Nov. 06 2006,17:01) I look for the sensor lines as i approach and then stop right on it. I have only had a light hate me once.
This is the method I use. Works.

If its a weight sensor you should see a line in the road near the stop light going all the way across the street. try and park your rear wheel on it or at least center the bike over it, works for me here in Texas.

Call your local DOT office and ask them to do a loop check, Sometimes they will fail. Also tell them that you are riding a motorcycle. We tend to have this problem and 7 out 10 times the loops are damaged.

There are no weight "loops" either, its all electronic. They typically use copper wiring.

(KROOZER @ Nov. 06 2006,07:15) I tried using the search engine and couldnt find any info. Forgive me and direct me if is out there.
I've always had big bikes like the GPZ, ZX11, etc, and never had a problem waiting for the red traffic light to turn green when Im the only one around (in the suburbs). However, now that I have the 06' Black/Grey 'Busa, the traffic light will stay solid red no matter what. I tried rolling the bike back and forth over the sensor on the ground. This happened on more than one locations. This bike is no lightweight, is over 500lbs. And Im over 300lbs (yes I need to lose weight-Im working on it).
I know there is a device out there that suppose to trigger the light green but U mean to tell me all 'Busa owners are having the same problem with this big bike? My question is, do I need this gadget or is there a free mod that I can do to resolve this problem? Thanks.
Okay a topic I know something about. Traffic loops, where to start. There are many kinds out there and most are not by weight you may find one but most likely not. The new ones sense metal and it does not take much, but they can easily be damaged if not installed correctly. A good installer will mark an area with an x in the front of the loop where its most sensitive stop your bike there. If I’m having a problem I pull forward and wave the car behind me up onto the loop. If I’m by myself no cars I wait one signal rotation and then treat the light as a 4 way stop. If you want more info on this I can get it for you.

I ride to work about 3am so there is noone on the streets. Couple this with the fact that lights never trigger for me and I just pause, look both ways for traffic (pretty obvious at 3am) and go. I have checked with my local law enforcement buds and they have said noone here in California will pull you over for that as long as you are being safe.

(Just playing devils advocate) If an officer rolls up on you and sees you run the light who's to say you *hadn't* been sitting there for 5 minutes already?

I blow one nearly everday going to work. But try pulling up over the cuts in the lane. Sensor wire lead runs there. I have found lights that only work I hit the right spot.

Back