FI light is

boazalmighty

Purple Rain - Dino
Donating Member
Registered
dont know what it mean,   but it seems like its an intermediant* problem, ive been ridin the busa the last few days  (for the first time) im friggin lovin it,
no problems really , cept' this red light sometimes flashed while im ridin, then ill stop somewhere, shut it off,  then it wont come on again, and sometiimes its just stays on???

im clueless

i dont want no surprises before i head down to the bash thats all

any advice
beerchug.gif

btw, its a 2000 big bored with dual battries if that help

Manual recommends you take it to a dealer for them to see what code the ECM is giving. This just takes an unplug / plug-in to their reader. Shouldn't take 10 min.s ! Might just be sensor, but maybe not
rock.gif

Hope this helps ya  
beerchug.gif

Screw the dealer. Download the shop manual for free which will tell you how to read the code(s) with a piece of jumper wire.

(Turbo-Torch @ Mar. 14 2007,21:48) Screw the dealer.  Download the shop manual for free which will tell you how to read the code(s) with a piece of jumper wire.
+1

no dealer really close by to me... where online can i find this shop manual???

is it one of those thing like GM where you count the flashes and the pause in the middle and thats how you ind out what it is?

(boazalmighty @ Mar. 15 2007,02:56) no dealer really close by to me... where online can i find this shop manual???  

is it one of those thing like GM where you count the flashes and the pause  in the middle and thats how you ind out what it is?

Piece of wire or paper clip is all you need to retrieve the code off the dash display.

Try the paper clip method, I would be interested on what you find, what wire you tap into and what code you read. Especially since evidently you haven't done this before, don't have a manual and are going to do this on the fly. Good Luck, hope it works for Ya 
super.gif

I just fixed my Fi light problem , mine came on when i turned the key on and sometimes while riding it would start flashing,, Mine was a sensor mounted to the back of the air box,, first i swapped one of my friends with mine and that fixed it, so I bought one , 285$ it was called a boost sensor, #29 on ron ayers micro fiche

(DaCol. @ Mar. 15 2007,08:08) Try the paper clip method, I would be interested on what you find, what wire you tap into and what code you read. Especially since evidently you haven't done this before, don't have a manual and are going to do this on the fly. Good Luck, hope it works for Ya 
super.gif
That was sort of the whole point in telling him to DOWNLOAD the free manual which tells you what to jumper and what the code is.

(Turbo-Torch @ Mar. 15 2007,15:08)
(DaCol. @ Mar. 15 2007,08:08) Try the paper clip method, I would be interested on what you find, what wire you tap into and what code you read. Especially since evidently you haven't done this before, don't have a manual and are going to do this on the fly. Good Luck, hope it works for Ya 
super.gif
That was sort of the whole point in telling him to DOWNLOAD the free manual which tells you what to jumper and what the code is.
I understand that, but if he doesn't have the 10 mins to get a friendly dealer (mine does it FREE) to just plug in and check the code. Will he be able to wire in correctly. The manual doesn't show that proceedure ! I just hope he has more experience than it sounds like  
beerchug.gif

(dbusa101 @ Mar. 15 2007,13:34) I just fixed my Fi light problem , mine came on when i turned the key on and sometimes while riding it would start flashing,, Mine was  a sensor mounted to the back of the air box,, first i swapped one of my friends with mine and that fixed it, so I bought one , 285$ it was called a boost sensor, #29 on ron ayers micro fiche
o hell no , i hope it aint no 285 dollar sensor, its running just fine.. was yours acting up when that light starting coming up?

and ill do the paper clip thing this weekend, thanks yall

Back