Trackday!!!   VIR July 8th

vman1300

Never Forgotten
OK all you hooligans who want to improve your street skills, here is your chance.

*in best anouncing voice*

Saturday, Saturday, Saturday July 8th.

Location VIR, Danville VA.

South course

cost $155.00 + $75 for NESBA membership

Go to www.nesba.com to register

I know Juggler is registered and making the trip.

I also here people say they want to go, now is your chance to come and hang out and have a little fun on the track.

NESBA also hace an Intro group that allows you to ride the 1st two sessions for FREE!

OK , now who else is in?

<!--EDIT|vman1300
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147188613 -->

That's a GREAT PRICE for a GREAT TRACK! I've already got a couple track days in July. VIR would be awesome, but quite a trip for me (I'm all the way here in California).

Man I would love to join you guys.  I will never run with NESBA again.  Great organization to boot, but they are way over crowded.  Your lucky if you get six sessions in with a NESBA event.  I recently did a trackday on the 3rd on Summit Main and quit running after my 10th session.   I was beat.  Also there was about only 14 other riders with me on the track.   About 30 riders max in attendence for the entire day.  Ran two groups, first group was beginner to sportbike riders and the second group were the racers there to practice.  We ran 20 mins on and 20 mins off all day long. It was $175 for the day. No registration fee. The next day on Summit Main will be on June 15th. Roger Lyle Track Days.

<!--EDIT|Big E
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147201680 -->

Dude count me in!!!This is what I've been DREAMING of a track and my busa!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Newbee are welcome right?? And just think I was planning to go to New York that weekend to sight see and hit the strip clubs.
tounge.gif
cool.gif
devil.gif
40__s.gif
beerchug.gif

biggrin.gif

I have experienced a little overcrowded contitions at my last Road Atlanta day and voiced my concerns.

I cant speak for other orginazations, but the 1st RA day was great with little crowds.

I donts know if I can make 14 sessions, I would be whipped. At both RA days we made 7 sessions.

I hope to have quite a Busa turnout for this one. Maybe reconsider and come hang with us.......

If only I were closer
sad.gif
I'd love to ride VIR, but it's too far of a haul.

I'd love to go, always wanted a track day, but this spring and summer are so packed with plans I honestly can't see the forest for the trees right now
sad.gif

I'll toss the idea around a bit, but I'll need to invest in leather pants I'm guessing...

NESBA will let the Intro group ride in 2 pairs of jeans.

How are they on tech checks? Whats expected? I recently changed a bunch of things on the bike and have nothing safty wired.Do you have to run water instead of coolant?

In Intro, beginner and intermediate no safty wire or water/water wetter required. It is recomended however.

They check the basic contition of the motorcycle.

tires
brakes
levers
look for loose bodywork and bolts

remove mirrors
tape up headlight, tail and signals
*its a good idea to unplug your headlight and the rear plug under the rear seat*

throttle must return freely
brake lever should not hit the handle bar

If you have any questions LMK.

Sweet, checking on that date, let you know asap. ps. Sue will want to see if she can sneak on the back, she has talked about seeing what it's like.

<!--EDIT|fasttoys1
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147629023 -->

Yeah, I told her that and she said we would just have to be at the fall bash. They post the "TT-FOS"- in Sydney, NS is dead. So we're freed up. There's a TD @ Loudon June 6. One of the guys here may cancel, I could slide in. But I'll rather catch up with you guys in Va. Still working on it.

<!--EDIT|fasttoys1
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147815829 -->

not to hijack a thread but I'm doing Reg Pridmores CLASS at RA after the races in June. Wife got it for me for my bday. Ok back to our regular scheduled posts.

mmmmm...... sounds good. I might just know a couple of busa guys who would be happy to haul me and my 600 down with em. gotta check the date, but since we didn't make the trip to the gap this would be a nice replacement (wonder if VIR allows bonfires!!!!)

Ok, I'm off for that weekend... I think. allright where ya at Ben-a-#####... you got the truck..!! and Paul, I know you just dropped the Busa again, but it sounds like we am just gonna have to put it back up!! glad to have ya feeling better!

<!--EDIT|RRDugas
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148664624 -->

mmmmm...... sounds good.  I might just know a couple of busa guys who would be happy to haul me and my 600 down with em.  gotta check the date, but since we didn't make the trip to the gap this would be a nice replacement (wonder if VIR allows bonfires!!!!)
Register quick, I know NESBA days fill up quick.

Hehe, bonfires.....

Back