Trackday - june 14 - heartland park

omslaw

Michelle owns my Busa
Staff member
Administrator
Anyone in the KC/KS/Iowa/NE/OK area going to the Trackday at Heartland Park, Topeka on June 14th?

I just signed up! I've got a couple of buddies that will probably come, too. They don't have Busas - but we're just going for the experience.

Here's the info: https://hpt.com/....64c3c77

ME ME ME! And my friend on the DUC. Glad you are going. This will be AWESOME! Fun riding in a pack of friends on a race track

Schweet, Greg!

We need to get some of the other IA guys to come along!

Got my 'official confirmation' today!

Anyone else going? GSXcite? Yort? Deaglemaster?

Yes, I officially signed up as did my friend with the Ducati.

IF by some chance my Bike is not ready, I EXPECT you to loan me yours for a few laps
biggrin.gif

No but seriously, if it is not ready, I'm coming down anyway and shooting tons of pics and video instead

But it WILL BE READY. Heck they are half done now

I feel the need for some speeeed! here's the strait

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149649759 -->

hp1.jpg

Really wish I could but things at work still busy. Hell haven't had a full day off since I got back from the bash( had to work a half day after Cassoday last weekend. Hope you have a great time and let me know how it goes as I do wanna try to make one before year is up.

double post

<!--EDIT|Yort
Reason for Edit: "Double post"|1149745688 -->

I hear ya, bro! My boss just smirked when I told him what I was doing...

Sorry that GSXcite and I missed ya down @ Cassoday. We didn't leave my house until 11:00am. (dayum rain!). We got to Cassoday around 2:30. - took 56 to 177...nice ride. There were only about a dozen bike left at the Cafe; we passed most of them on the way down. We rode back and had lunch in Council Grove.

We'll need to plan to do that again! Hopefully this time it won't rain!

is GSXcite signing up or coming down to watch and hang out? I just got my tank camera mount today and can't wait to follow/film everyone!! got good lenses, 3 batteries and plenty of tape.

Omslaw, what kind of bikes are your friends bringing?

Last I knew - Hal was coming to watch/follow. However, he *did* say that wifey did give him a green light to ride; don't know the latest...

Bikes... Yamaha 750 track bike, Ninja ZX-9r, *may* have another one coming on a Busa!

Hal? ? ? You riding or watching? Either way is good. If you ride I'm getting video of you, if your watching, I'd like to employee you to take pics
smile.gif

so... I call the dealer to ask hows it going on my rebuild and get one of the guys that doesn't know anything. he checks, I wait. comes back and says "Some parts still have not come in yet". hmmmm I was told yesterday ALL parts were in. I reiterate yet again that they should NEXT DAY AIR the parts they need and put it on my tab since I have to LEAVE TOWN WITH THE BIKE TUESDAY. "Have they started reassembling ANYTHING yet? ? " "Hang on let me check" [more exciting elevator music with the standard announcer reminding me my call is very important and some one will be with me shortly] I hear that music so much it is starting to grow on me.. "Ba-dah da da badda bah bum, DAH!" Jammin. Anywho, guy comes back and says parts COULD BE IN tomorrow and they should get alot done, but Saturday is very busy day for them. Hmmmmmm okay, guess my boat loads of MONEY is not that important to them.... I ask him to mark on my ticket that it HAS TO BE DONE BEFORE TUESDAY BECAUSE I AM LEAVING TOWN WITH THE BIKE TO GO TO THE TRACK. Shouldn't be a big deal - mechanics have to work on stuff, I'm a paying customer, people needing service can wait just like any place else, and just like I do when they are already servicing OTHER's bikes. Simple math, really.

So I don't know. Kinda need to seat the rings for half a day before flogging it on the track... Maybe I'll have to take Tuesday off to do that. GRRRRRRRRR

I will be there. I hope my bike can make it down too.

I plan on coming, but won't be riding this time. I would like to ride the busa out. Will they allow me to park in the pits with you guys? And yes I will shoot some pics.

Hey guys hope ya have a blast tomorrow. Will be waiting to see pics and a nice report from Omslaw when you get back ;-)

he's probably waiting on me to post a pics thread, but I gots company in town this weekend and haven't had a SINGLE MINUTE to even dump down from digital cam yet! Got some GREAT VIDEO footage - new sportbikecam thing works GREAT! Might be getting a 2nd camera and rear peg mount too

I *just* got the pics and video. I'm gonna look thru them and start a thread -

Man - it was a blast!
biggrin.gif

DAMN!!! I wished I lived closer that way. Have fun guys!!

I don't have a track day until July 29th-30th at California Speedway. It's torture having to wait this long. I haven't been on a track since May 8 @ Willow Springs. It seems like an eternity!!!

Defititely post up pics or a link to that video WWJD. Cant wait to hear bout your experiences.
biggrin.gif
ride hard!! Ride FAST!!

Back