Votes: 60 98.4%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • COULD CARE LESS

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Judging by the trailer... I will wait till it's on cable.

Stunts look superb though.

I'll go but i aint expecting much ... probably along the same line as Biker Boyz, but hey there have been bad MC movies as long as there have been MC movies. The Bad boy image, guys doing the impossible, drinking womanizing, high speed races, don't give a d@#$ attitude about the cops, hey wait THATS US laugh.gif laugh.gif

laugh.gif

This is the review from the Daily Oklahoman, it must be bad!

Torque
2004-01-16
By Chris Hewitt
Knight-Ridder News Service

If you could just watch "Torque," you'd think it's great looking. But if you listen to it, you'll think it's one of the dumbest movies ever made.
Torque

Starring: Martin Henderson, Ice Cube, Monet Mazur, Adam Scott, Matt Schulze, Jaime Pressly, Jay Hernandez

Rated PG-13 1:24
1 star
Violence, sexuality, language, drug references
Official Web Site
Much like last year's "Biker Boyz," "Torque" is a built-for-speed motorcycle version of "The Fast and the Furious," but the characters are so dopey and the situations so phony that it's closer to "The Slow and the Spurious."

The slowest-witted is Ford (Martin Henderson), who swiped drugs from someone named Henry James and hid them, for reasons that aren't clear (I guarantee you no one associated with "Torque" is familiar enough with novelist Henry James for the character's name to be an ironic reference). James and the cops want the drugs, but Ford doesn't hand them over because there wouldn't be a movie if he did.

There are four times as many stuntmen listed in the credits as actors, so, clearly, dialogue was not a priority in "Torque."

Yeah, there are some nuttily improbable bike stunts in "Torque" and, yeah, music-video veteran Joseph Kahn directs with energy and style. But what part of "Shut those characters up and ram their motorcyles into each other again" didn't he understand?

1)  check brain at door
2)  stuff popcorn into pie hole
3)  pretend you're in High School and still enjoy the simple things in life
4)  go home and play MotoGP online

yes, going to the 7:10 show here in town

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1074296305 -->

It will prob. suck but I'll see it anyway because it's a bike flick!

Why can't HOLLYWOOD just come out with a GOOD Bike or Car movie and not have all the BS. Do they not understand that you can make a sweet SPEED FREAK movie without all the fake poop!

Skip torque...get a copy of Ghostrider, Mack2/3, Las Vegas Extremes 1/2/3, etc and watch those if you want a motorcycle movie.

I'm still trying to get over Biker Boyz   tounge.gif   I'm sure when it's out on DVD I'll watch it though, just to say I did.

Mach 2/3...yummy.  Millennium Megatest is a good one too.  Gotta love Frosty and the Fastbikes guys!

When I grow up I want to be just like them, lol

Took my 5 year old and 2 year old to see it.  5:35 show here locally.  My daughter turned to me halfway thru it and said..." Daddy, what the fuc% do you have me watching?!"

Actually thats what she meant to say, she wanted to leave and my 2 year old loved it.  Kids

But the scene where the bikes picked themselves up and bumped front tires was too ridiculous!!

I give it -5 stars

<!--EDIT|busabrother
Reason for Edit: None given...|1074314503 -->

Just got back and I don't recommend it at all!

Biker BoyZ = 10
Torque = 2

The movie FASTER seems like it will be good, can't wait for that one.

<!--EDIT|Got-Busa?
Reason for Edit: None given...|1074314843 -->

OK Anytime anyone says "Biker Boys was better?rock.gif Man this movie has to suck really REALLY <span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>REALLY</span> Bad... Cause Biker Boyz set our sport back about 5 years and is a stain in my memory, wish I could get those 90 minutes of my life back and go the dentist instead... eek2.gif

Well, I might rent it on DVD (shouldn't be long) and then my son and I can sit and laugh at it like we did with Biker Boys and Fast and Fuwious 1 and 2.

When is Faster coming out?

I am going to go see it. Not that I want to, but our ride group is getting together for the movie. It makes a good excuse to get out with the guys. We are headed to food afterwards. This is where we will make fun of this PlayStation remake with actors. You know it's going to be bad when you can see on the TV the obvious CG work. I realy don't want to see this, but a cheap matinee(sp) is almost as cheap as a movie rental. That and the company will be better.

Later,

Steve

Anybody here from Hollywood?  
Why why WHY Why why wHY whY wHY why WHY WHY why WHy why wHy wHY why wHY WHY WHY WHY why Why why
WHY Are they filming these street bike movies on dirt roads?rock.gif?rock.gif  If ya wanna make a MOTOCROSS movie, just do it.  Besides, you'll get better jumps and cooler stunts that way!  I just don't understand who says, "hey lets make a really cool biker movie but lets take the STREET bikes across the desert and down a bunch of dusty dirt roads.  Our bikes don't even work very well on dirt roads!  Was it to encourge movie copy cat wannabees to ONLY be stupid on dirt roads?  Is it becuase it's too hard to find a suitable place to film stunts on pavement.

Hey! I've an idea... lets make a football movie but we'll film the football players on a golf course instead!  Yeah!  That's the ticket.  Or maybe we'll make a deep sea underwater movie but film it inside the Galleria Mall instead.  OhMyGod, like, that would be, like,  totally gnarly!  OH OH OH !  I know, Lets make a MOTOCROSS moive but have them on the freeways, with their knobby tires, jumping cars and trucks while they race instead on dirt and hills!  Yes!  Now give me 10 million dollars and I'll make the film.

Yeah, I know it's only a fiction movie, but THINK, producers, THINK!

Do you suppose there will be many future movies labeled:
"From the producers of Fast and Furious, SWAT, and TORQUE!"  hahahahahaha  NOT

Halfway thru, I digressed to my friend that I too felt Biker Boyz was better. [sigh] Still buying the DVD... when it hits the $5.88 rack at Walmart

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1074349386 -->

rock.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back