Top Six things for improvement.

My BKing has better brakes, ABS, better sitting position, but still needs a few touring items like a 12volt plug, some rear bags and a real windsheild. Plus keep the price low! BKings are going for less than $10,000.00 everywhere. No $14,000 dollar bike need apply.

Shaft drive = lots more weight.

Busa is heavy enough.

...WTF is kool aid?

Last edited:
I for one am real happy with the gen2 and feel that I got a good value for the $10,000 that I paid in 08. The exchange rate is killing prices all by itself. I will never understand why more units are not sold. The main thing I would change is access to the oil filter. Adding pricey gofast stuff would be good in a special edition "track version" like the 2010 GSXR1000 model that I drooled over (& never happened). I also think that a third option "factory touring model" could increase sales as well, adjustable handlebars, factory bags, GPS option whatever, to keep up demand for the basic unit, that we <mostly> enjoy, thus sustaining demand. The Busa never was an overpriced "exotic".
I agree, the busa up until this last year has been a real bang for the buck machine :thumbsup: I think that was a huge part of its draw...all that performance and the thrills for the money :thumbsup: The 2 grand they just raised the price without any changes on the bike whatsoever isn't going to help sales any though ??? But if they turned it into a high priced exotic I think that might just kill it completely....and thats what they'd have to do to make the changes a lot of us seem to want, which is basically turning it into a liter bike :laugh: But that aint gonna happen anyways :laugh:
I have to say I'm real curious as to where the road does take our busa though.

My BKing has better brakes, ABS, better sitting position, but still needs a few touring items like a 12volt plug, some rear bags and a real windsheild. Plus keep the price low! BKings are going for less than $10,000.00 everywhere. No $14,000 dollar bike need apply.
Finally after the big 4 have been FOREVER trying, one of them makes what the american market has always wanted and asked for in a naked, easy to work on, comfy to ride bike, SPORTBIKE POWER (not this weak-azzed detuned bullsh*t :banghead: :moon: ) but then they make it so controversial looking that it doesn't sell :banghead: They just can't seem to make the complete package...what a shame. If the B-King looked semi-normal I'd own one, I'd much prefer the benefits of a naked bike over a plastic one. I just prefer the big power the plastic bikes give me :bowdown: :beerchug: So I'll keep waiting till they make another naked bike with a sportbike powerplant, which will probably be never :banghead:

The key is sales, if peeps keeps buying the Busa, it will enjoy incremental improvements. In the meantime there are lots of goodies available to upgrade, (and lots of spare parts in the boneyard from the carnage I see here) to let us improve the ones we have. I don't want to see it turned into a 600 based machine, I'd rather see it stay big and go up to say 1800 cc without weight gain. No replacement for displacement when it comes to reasonable valued HP.

Better, more durable transmission
Better brakes
Less weight
Better suspension
Less weight on the rider's wrists

Things I miss with previously owning a 08 ZX14 for two years.
Projector head lights W/HID upgrade
BRAKES
Smoother engine
Stronger trans
Higher comfort level
Ease of doing oil changes.
Ease of getting the plastics off.

Things I like about my new Gen II
More low power response
Smother shifting trans
Suspension more responsive.
More people way to me. :thumbsup:

Finally after the big 4 have been FOREVER trying, one of them makes what the american market has always wanted and asked for in a naked, easy to work on, comfy to ride bike, SPORTBIKE POWER (not this weak-azzed detuned bullsh*t :banghead: :moon: ) but then they make it so controversial looking that it doesn't sell :banghead: They just can't seem to make the complete package...what a shame. If the B-King looked semi-normal I'd own one, I'd much prefer the benefits of a naked bike over a plastic one. I just prefer the big power the plastic bikes give me :bowdown: :beerchug: So I'll keep waiting till they make another naked bike with a sportbike powerplant, which will probably be never :banghead:

Dude...streetfighters...???

Back