Took A Ride at the crack of dawn

A big thank you goes out to Elizabeth of Portland Self Storage in Freeport FL.

Myself and Tony got seperated from the group when I had to make an unscheduled gas stop. We tried to catch up to the rest of the group with some "aggresive" riding. The group knew we were behind so they pulled under a big shade tree off to the right side of the road. Well they pulled over to the right side of a sharp ass 170 degree left hander. They had barely got the kickstands down when the two of us flew by. We were actually watching our line and hittig the apex so we never saw a bunch of riders far off to our right, jumping up and down waving at us. We kept hauling ass on to the next redevous point still thinkin we were so far behind. 15 minutes and 28 miles later we had arrived at the next stop. Holy crap! No one here! How and when the hell did we pass them!?! As we waited the 20+ minutes for the rest of the group to catch up, Elizabeth,the little old lady managing the self storage office, let me and Tony soak in the office AC and gave us candy, soda and Gatorade out of her own personal fridge while we waited. When the rest of the group arrived, she did the same for them and refused to accept any donations for her effort to support us all.
There really is truth to the phrase "Southern Hospitality"

Back