Too much bike?

Listen friend, nobody here wants to see anybody get hurt. Like you, I also feel the need for speed thats why I bought my 02 Busa, But Ive been riding bikes for 20 years. I know you will be able to handle it eventualy, but this is not the bike to learn on. You sneeze on one of these and you'll find your front wheel off the ground and you looking at the sky. Take my advice and the advise of others here. Start with bike with less horse power, get the basic down and then you'll be able to appreciate and enjoy what the Busas are capable of doing.

Lancer.
aktion035.gif

:whip: Sorry but I have to disagree with the most of you! My opinion is that these days even a little ol Katana has so much power and speed that you can kill yoursself...easy! If you have self discipline and self controle you should be able to handle a busa. Buy what you want! If you crash it you probably would have crashed that Katana also! Use your head always!!! NEVER Ride while drinking!!!

I agree with taking an MSF course before buying any bike. It is possible to learn to ride on the Hayabusa. The problem with learning on it is the weight & power of the bike. If you take things slow & dont get ahead of yourself, you can do it. But the first time you let your guard down, you'll be in trouble. The Hayabusa isnt the bike to take lightly. I also agree with CnjDAWSON, that with self control you can learn on it. As a few of us said before, your safety is what comes first, so just be careful whichever bike you decide to go with.

I think it all comes down to maturity.  A mature first time rider will find the hayabusa to be a well mannered bike with very controllable low end torque.  But keep it under 5000 RPM's or it will get away from you.  A younger first time rider will not be able to resist the temptation to feel the power.  The hayabusa is brutally fast.  I street raced cars for 20+ years to finally get the racing bug out of my system.  Buying a bike to go fast every time you take it on the street is a bad idea.  Buy a bike for the feeling of the open air and adventure, not for going 200 mph.  Bottom line, at 20, it's too much bike too soon.

I think it all comes down to maturity.  A mature first time rider will find the hayabusa to be a well mannered bike with very controllable low end torque.  But keep it under 5000 RPM's or it will get away from you.  A younger first time rider will not be able to resist the temptation to feel the power.  The hayabusa is brutally fast.  I street raced cars for 20+ years to finally get the racing bug out of my system.  Buying a bike to go fast every time you take it on the street is a bad idea.  Buy a bike for the feeling of the open air and adventure, not for going 200 mph.  Bottom line, at 20, it's too much bike too soon.
You just replied to a thread from 5 years ago.
deadhorse.gif

i learned some very basic riding on my dads harleys when i was 15 and i bought my busa at 23 and as long as you take it Very easy under 5k you'll be ok with no probs yes you will have close calls you will on every bike while learning if you have no respect or don't understand the power of it you'll have more than others but even if you've riden before you don't wouldent understand the power availible until you twist and find it granted you may not freak out as much but chances are its gonna tweak you out a lil at first i bought what i wanted because i didn't want to buy a bike wait 6 months go get another bike and be a few grand upside down because i put 3k miles on it and as far as the insurance goes get ready to take hard with out any ky because geico wanted 535 a month for me at 23 with no tickets in 5 years but now that i turned 24 my best is still 350 a month but that also includes my car so check that out first and state farm said the traffic safety course wouldnt make a difference on my rates so i never did it just my opinion though i know someone will be along soon to tell me how im wrong and dumb for thinking that soon enough

I have always had the need for speed so I know that this is the bike that I want.  But I have never owned or even ridden a motorcycle due to overprotection of my parents.  Now I'm 20 and soon I'll have the money to buy a bike.  The problem is that I've heard that this may be a little too much bike for me being my first one and all, so my question is should I start off with this kind of power or will I most likely kill myself?

Thanks,

Jeff
Patience is a virtue.  Good things come to those who wait.  Those are two very popular sayings that happen to be extremely hard to live by.  Back when I got into motorcycling in 2000, I started off by taking the MSF beginner rider course with a borrowed helmet to make sure I really wanted to do this thing.  After passing my test and getting my license, I waited a few months before I could finally get a bike.  My first ride was a 2000 Honda Shadow 750 that I bought in 2002.  It was a great bike to learn on.  Very easy to handle and nothing too fierce to get into trouble with.  As my skill increased, I finally upgraded a few years later in 2004 to a 2005 Suzuki V-Strom 650.  Looking back on it, I probably should have just started out with and SV-650 instead of the Honda Shadow.  It would have taken a lot longer to outgrow an SV as it did the Shadow.  The SV is one of the best entry and mid-range bikes out there for a reason.  Once I made it to a point in my life where I could upgrade again, there was an opportunity to buy a 2007 Hayabusa in June of this year and I jumped on it.  I'm ecstatic that I have it now, but would have been in WAY over my head if this was the first bike I got 5 years ago. As it turns out, I'm glad I took things slowly. You have the rest of your life to upgrade down the road.

Looking back on it, I probably should have just started out with and SV-650 instead of the Honda Shadow.  It would have taken a lot longer to outgrow an SV as it did the Shadow.  The SV is one of the best entry and mid-range bikes out there for a reason.
i played for a few days on my buddies sv-650 for a few days and it was actually a pretty fun bike to take out easy to toss around like a toy almost but once you get used to the throttle on the busa you twist it and its like is it goin its a pretty quick bike but nothin busa wise but fun non the less

hey when my bro passed his bike test he jumped straight on a TL1000r he took his time and got used to the bike.he hadnt even ridden a bike b4 his test.
me a had a vfr400 wrote that off then a cbr600,bro put £100 deposit on a busa and i still got it to this day finance runs out next march,would be five years over
beerchug.gif

i did have a bmw k1200 aswell wich i think you all see some time ago but i slipt 2 disks in my back and trapped my right leg nerv so i got rid of it.
all im saying to the newbie is we are all here to help,dont rule a busa out but please way up the pro's and cons.
insurance on the busa for me was £1300 third party on it's own.i was only 22 when i got it insurance was thro the roof. i now pay £250) third party fire and thiefthed < cant spell it lol
all im saying is sit down and have a think about it dude
thumb_up.gif

it was my first bike and i never rode a bike b4,read everything i could,picked everybodys brain and took it slow,but im 37yrs old,i think i may have killed myself at 20 with the same decision,just take it slow brotha and you will be fine

Back