Toll Tags On Bikes

Here in DFW there are alot of Toll Roads.

With a tolltag its quite a bit cheaper.

Anyone have a clever place to put one where it is not visible but still effective? Wouldnt want it stolen.

We have sticker ones now that attach to our windshields of our cars

The previous model was a plastic sensor held with velcro strips to the windshield.

I know that those would still work if you took it down and put it in your glovebox, it would still sense it and charge your credit card.

Now that Tx is state wide toll system.. We here in Houston too had the big box thing, then went to the sticker that was the size of a car and now the small square. When we registered the bike and was hoping for the small sticker to apply in the tip of the windshield by the nose, I ended up with a box in the mail. What the toll authority told me was that they would rather I just keep that in my pocket so it doesn't get stolen as they seem to do on bikes. Placing it some where like in the fairing, under seats, etc and they don't get read. And if I were to pull to a toll and it didn't operate, to just lift it out of my pocket and raise in the air. But when they run my plate from the picture because I 'ran the toll' they can just apply it to my account at that time.

Ironically after registering mine today to activate it, I went to a swing arm toll to leave the road. It didn't raise.. So I'm going to call them today and see what's the deal because I don't want to keep running in to that prob. I'd rather have a sticker masked under my glass than waving my arms like an idiot at a busy toll.

Its unmanned, they have done away with the manned stations and arms. If you dont have a toll tag is takes a pic of your license plate and mails you a bill.

The toll tag reduces the fee assessed.

I like the idea of bikes being free, but not yet, at least in Texas

Where in Texas, because in Houston, you use to get a 'discount' for having an ez-tag, but not no more.. for several years now.. Unless you're counting the people that don't have an ez-tag that run the toll and get a $14 ticket per toll they run. The only advantage to going ez-tag vs a man (or machine) toll is no wait. (that's even their sales pitch). I think people complained that it wasn't fair they had to pay more spending cash than ez-tag. (vs. just going to get a damn ez-tag)

We dont have any manned stations up here in Dallas to the best of my knowledge. Its a cheaper fee out of your account if you have the toll tag.

You can go through any lane, there are no more manned stations. If you dont have a tolltag you just go through it, you just get a bill in the mail and pay about 50 cents more. They take a photo of your plate.

So from reading the response from the guy that rides GWB tollway everyday, as long as I have a tolltag registered I will get the discounted fee. Thats great, but whats the point of having a tolltag.

I have to go up to the office anyway on Monday. I got the new plates for the cars so I have to change the account anyway, and add the busa.

I REALLY wish we still saved money having the toll.. Then I wouldn't complain as much being on a road I'm paying to be on that is bumper to bumper, stop and go traffic.. lmao

Back