Today was not my day!!

Burger King

breakin' the law
Donating Member
Registered
rant.gif
Man….. I feel like an accident waiting to happen. 5 weeks ago I had my right shoulder operated on because of rotator cuff damage (non motorcycle related). I had 3 tears with one being over an inch long and one of the tendons almost tore completely loose from the bone. The surgeon said it was the worst damage he had ever seen. So I go to the doctor this past Monday for my first check up and he tells me I’m doing great. I have almost all my ROM back and am healing well and highly motivated ………… but that might be detrimental to my healing as I might try to do things I shouldn’t do too fast. He says it’s okay to take it out of the sling at home but to keep it on at work. I decided since it’s been 4 weeks that it’s okay to start riding the busa to work. Tuesday I rode, 40 degrees, no problem. This morning I leave for work and its 38 degrees. I am careful since its 25 miles of nearly all country roads to work and with the cold temps the deer are moving. I get 2 miles from home and a car pulls out a ways in front so I go around doing 55 mph and realize there is a semi going slow into a sweeping blind curve. He has one tail light at the cab so with it being dark, 5:00 in the morning, I figure it’s a bobtail and begin slowing, waiting to pass after the curve. All of the sudden my headlight picks up cut pines hanging out of the trailer. Its a F**king log truck with no trailer lights and no flashing light anchored on the longest log as they are suppose to do. I grab a hand full of brakes and the rear begins to fishtail. One of the small logs hits my fairing and two hit me in the right side chest. It knocks my hands all the way off the handlebars and bends me back in the seat. Even though by the time I hit the logs I am only doing 15-20 mph I know I‘m going down and the car I just passed is coming up behind me so I just relax. It’s all over, right? It all seemed to happen in a flash! To my surprise the bike stays upright so I re-grab the handlebars and pass the SOB in the curve (I’m totally freaked at this point) and show him my sign of appreciation. I came on to work and my fairing has a crack in it with pine tar smeared all over. My jacket has pine tar on it as well and my chest feels like someone hit me as hard as they could. I should have pulled over and called the sheriff but I had so much adrenalin flowing I never even slowed down after that. I thank God I made it out of what could have been a very terrible situation for me and my daughter and that the logs didn’t hit my shoulder and tear everything again. Everyone at work thinks I should sell the bike…………….naw, I don’t think so!
rant.gif

rant.gif

Confusing title, but glad you made it through the situation.

should have called the police for sure  over 4 foot overhang  should have oversized load signs and red flags on them(minimum) some states will want flashing stobes

Must of had a little angel riding with ya today Greg ! Glad to hear you saved it for the most part ! And I know what you mean about the logging trucks . I deal with the bastids on the way to work daily . You'd be surprised to see some of the chunks of wood that fly off those trailers .
mad.gif

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>WOW</span> Glad to hear you didn't go down and didn't didn't get any more damage to the shoulder.

WOW... OUCH!!! glad you're ok.. that could have bee a lot worse.
When I was in Oregon those dang logging trucks would fly out onto the road with no real regard to who is already on it... had a couple of close calls, but not like you....

good to hear you're ok and the bike is just cosmetic.

much better to see you writing about it than someone else posting up a newspaper report and asking for prayer for you and your family...glad you are ok

Wow! Glad you didn't go down. That could have been a bad deal. Go buy a lotto ticket.

Man close call, buy a lotto ticket.

In hind sight, I would not pass that car and cruise it out.

It seems that everytime I make an agressive move like that I get caught up.

Good to hear you are in one piece.
beerchug.gif
dont sell the bike.

Back