Today I fell on my 08 busa

Shean

Registered
Today it was feeling good in the chi. So I decided to pull the bike out. Everything was perfect. Had all the winter gear on. I had my mp3 in my ear lisening to some smashing pumpkins, so here I go ou the alley making my way around the corner. At this moment everyting is still good. Had the tires all nice and warm and I was happy. But everything seemed to change when I approached the speed hump. I mean they were a good Idea until you have jerks speeding down the block cracking their oil pan. So just as I approached the hump to go over it, low and behold so oil I wasnt aware of took my front wheel from me as a result I high sided. Oh yeah, don't let me leave out that I cracked my stator and damaged the main fairing. I told my wife and she said, and I quote "your going to get it fixed aren't you". Like you got to be kidding me that was the dumbest thing I ever heard.

Sorry to hear about your fall! I just got mine back from the shop. I was parked in a McDonalds lot and a 17 year old kid backed up into it knocking it over and doing $4100.00 in damage. My matching helmet was on the bike too that I just got in September and that got all scratched up. His insurance company paid for every thing though and I'm back on the road again. As far as the comment your wife made...thats awesome she said that, yeah dumb too but at least she didn't say something like"You need to get rid of that thing, it's gonna hurt you one day". Be thankful she's cool about it! Peace

I just tossed it this morning too. What the he!! is going on?!! :D

Glad you're okay, bro.

--Wag--

So sorry to hear about this, glad your doing alright. BTW the smashing pumpkins rock, what song were you listening to when this happened?

Last edited:
Do you have those 'gremlin bells' on your bike?

Sorry to hear about the 'get-off', yo. You're o.k., and that's paramount in a story like this.

Let us know if there's anything you need.

Fortunately Im ok I just ordered the stator got it brand new on ebay for 60 bucks. My pride hurts more than anything. If I would of made it three more months I would of had the bike a hole year no accidents, but what can I say it happens. Oh how I wish it dosen't but it does. On the other hand I'm going to have to ride around with the nick name scratchy because right know money is a issue being the economy is so messed up. But I am happy that I can still ride. A little rubbing compound to those fairing will take some of the scratches out. Then I can start repairing the damaged that it caused emotionaly:beerchug:

The song I was listening to was off the mellon collie and the infinite sadness album, and the song was Zero.

Well, crap! Sorry for ya, Bro....

At least you are good to ride still and a stator cover is easy to replace and well rashed fairings are expensive but the beast will still go, right?

Sorry dude, but the most important thing is you sound like you're alright. Good luck on the winter mod.

Had a buddy of ours go down on his GEN 1 yesterday, he recieved a number of broken bones and fractures. A few of us went to visit him today and all and all he seems to be doing alright. I don't know if he is a member here on the org., he does occasionally post on a local site here in Vegas. I did not see the crash but I'm told it was pretty extreme and he had to be air lifted to the hospital. They say the BUSA is a total loss, but the rider made it(Keith) will make it!

I am SO glad your mishap was not worse... continue to ride safe!:beerchug:

Glad to hear your OK,

Be glad the wife said that and not, Its not that bad you can still ride it like that.

Sorry to hear it. Looks like an epidemic today.
Posted via Mobile Device

hate to hear about you going down but i'm glad you are relatively ok :beerchug:

Damn, looks like three went down on Saturday. They say bad things come in threes so maybe we won't see another crash for some time?

Glad you have no broken bones!

However, you do know when you crash and tell folks you hit gravel or oil "God kills a kitten" but you know that, right? :poke:

That sucks, I almost lost it the first week I had her. I was pulling out of a street and hit some oil (or something) and the ass came right around, and I did the oh $hit and pulled a mussel in my chest because I pulled so hard to keep her from getting out of control:poke:

Live and learn:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back