Tires

nczukrider

Registered
Whats going Busa troopers? I need some new tires and was trying to get some opinions on different ones that some of you all are running.

Michielin Pilot Powers are great. They dont last any longer than 3k miles but they grip like a SOB. If you need a longer lasting tire keep with the Bridgestone or look at the Michelin Pilot Road.

What kind of riding do you do?? What are you looking for out of your tires??

I do mostly street riding but i like leaning the bike when i get a chance to. i guess im looking for a tire that grips good but lasts long

(nczukrider @ Aug. 01 2007,18:38) I do mostly street riding but i like leaning the bike when i get a chance to. i guess im looking for a tire that grips good but lasts long
Aren't we all...and thus the saga continues.

My OE BT56 tires went 4000 miles w/ the cord just peeking through. Replaced w/ the Metzler M3 and it now has 4000 w/ a good 1500 miles left.

Another vote for the Pilot Powers. Like has already been said with even moderate riding about 3K miles is it.

Another vote for PP's for all around riding.

Different riders get different mileage out of the SAME rear tires... here is a good example of that:
Busabret and Stlouisbusarider only got 3K out of their Pilot Powers.

However, both me and my friend on his R1 got 6K out of our PP rear tires. We are riding partners and do 90% of rides together at the same pace. While they were worn to the wear bars (his a bit beyond that) in the middle, they were also about to the wear bars on the sides. We like to say we got 3K out of the center and another 1.5 K for the right and 1.5K for the left sides.

Riding style will determine how many miles you get... but the PP's probly last the longest out of the "performmance" street tires that have lots of grip.

Anything beyond that and you sacrifice grip or mileage... you can't have both.
cool.gif

Has anyone considered the Diablo Corsa III? It is a street/track tire. I use them on my CBR1000RR track bike. The last and perform well. The tires warm up quickly and are very sticky on the sides for the low lean angles.

At this point, I am planning to replace my OEM BT56 on the Busa with the Diablo Corsa III.

You know what tire I would NOT buy again??? Pirelli Diablo.(not the corsa III) Didn't last much longer than the stock- Brigstone 056 (3500 miles) PLUS- IT slips real easy- cant trust it. Actually, I liked the stock 056 better than the diablo
Ran the 056 at the track(to use up side rubber) Then the next track day(wet) I decided to run the diablo-- BIG MISTAKE. Ended up getting a set of power race at the track(55 on the back) wish I could afford to keep them on the streets.

(Suijuris @ Aug. 04 2007,02:41) You know what tire I would NOT buy again??? Pirelli Diablo.(not the corsa III) Didn't last much longer than the stock- Brigstone 056 (3500 miles) PLUS- IT slips real easy- cant trust it. Actually, I liked the stock 056 better than the diablo
Ran the 056 at the track(to use up side rubber) Then the next track day(wet) I decided to run the diablo-- BIG MISTAKE. Ended up getting a set of power race at the track(55 on the back) wish I could afford to keep them on the streets.
Bummer. Sounds like you did not have a good experience.

I have never run the Diablo - only Diablo Corsa and Diablo Corsa III. From my experience, the Diablo Corsa and Diable Corsa III are marvelous tires. In fact, I purchased the Dragon Supercorsa SC for my trackbike.

At this point, I am fairly certain I will give the Corsa III a go on the Busa. It has a 3 compound rear, so it just what I need. I like the twisties, but sometime I just like to get on it off the line
biggrin.gif

Back