Tires?

kdogg

Registered
Has anyone tried the new michelin power one 2ct tires? They got a great write up. A little pricey,but look like they are worth saving a few extra bucks for.

I have a friend running them on his 636, of course that's no comparison to the Busa in weight, but he hasn't noticed any difference in handling from the Pilot Power 2ct he's been running.

I am also very intersted to hear feed back on THE POWER PURE tires....reviews are good and dealers are swearing by them...these are NOT the pilots that have been around for years...thinking seriously of putting these on before I ride out to arkansas for the eureka springs bash....feed back???

I'm not a michelin fan but from what I understand the Pilot One is a race tire and the Pilot Pure is a street tire. If you want Pilot One's I'm pretty sure you'll need to go to a race vendor to purchase them.

I believe the Pilot Pures are the next generation of the Pilot Power 2ct. I'm sure they are a good tire but not all the reviews have been positive.

I'm not a michelin fan but from what I understand the Pilot One is a race tire and the Pilot Pure is a street tire. If you want Pilot One's I'm pretty sure you'll need to go to a race vendor to purchase them.

I believe the Pilot Pures are the next generation of the Pilot Power 2ct. I'm sure they are a good tire but not all the reviews have been positive.

You are correct,except its street/race.Its Michelins newest tire for the street and track.I just dont know anyone whos running them on a Busa yet.Iam watching a set on Ebay right now,just need a little more feedback before i pull da trigger.This is Michelin new top tire!

I'm running one on my rear for the strip. I haven't had a chance to go yet this year. I did run the Texas mile with it so I know it is sticky. I don't know about running it on the street just because they are expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have them both front and rear. Have about 4k miles on them so far and still look new. They grip pretty nicely on the curves. They handle good in the rain also.

I have them both front and rear. Have about 4k miles on them so far and still look new. They grip pretty nicely on the curves. They handle good in the rain also.

You've gotta be talking about the Pures. I ran the Power Ones last year and got 3500 miles out of the rear on Michigans' straight roads but they sucked in the rain from day 1. But, they hooked like a mofo with very quick warm up and never a hint of slipping in the turns. Be very careful doing rolling burnouts though-if ya don't commit you'll be looking at the sky!

Think i made my decision,the Michelin power ones are for me! Found a set on Ebay for a decent price. MAXIMUM GRIP AND HANDLING are the key words for me and its dual compound.Thanks for the responces fellas! I will report on their proformance once mounted and on the road!:beerchug:

let us know how this turns out for you. I'd love to see what kind of miles your able to get out of them.

From what I have researched the Power One is available in a track day tire and a full out race tire, so it is definetly geared towards track riding.

What kind of riding do you plan on doing with these tires?

Think i made my decision,the Michelin power ones are for me! Found a set on Ebay for a decent price. MAXIMUM GRIP AND HANDLING are the key words for me and its dual compound.Thanks for the responces fellas! I will report on their proformance once mounted and on the road!:beerchug:

I think every high performance tire today has dual compound designed for MAXIMUM GRIP AND HANDLING.

Don't get caught up in the manufacturer's advertising hype! You'll get the same sort of advertising hype from Shinko!

Michelin also had a great advertising campaign when they came out with their infamous Pilot Power line which turned out to be very sensitive to air pressures and the most crash prone tire of it's era.

I think every high performance tire today has dual compound designed for MAXIMUM GRIP AND HANDLING.

Don't get caught up in the manufacturer's advertising hype! You'll get the same sort of advertising hype from Shinko!

Michelin also had a great advertising campaign when they came out with their infamous Pilot Power line which turned out to be very sensitive to air pressures and the most crash prone tire of it's era.

Heard you were da tire master. What happens to be your tire of choice????

Back