Tire questions

Im running the 45/46 combo and love them. I havent had a problem with them untill I noticed that the front tire was cupping and it was my fualt it was doin it, didnt have but 20 lbs in it. The rear is holdin up nicely with just over 4 grand on it and still looks almost new. I love the avon tires.
+1 yeah...got 4500 mi on M-1, looks bit weary and lost shine...and still don't have any flat area in the center of it...I don't know any Avon tires, but nobody has this many miles then me...(far as M-1 goes...) you and me we both got blessed...
biggrin.gif

Go with the AV59 up front instead of the 45ST ....I have heard of complaints about the 45ST getting a "wiggle feeling" in the front under low speed and rain conditions.
No disrespect, but I've been running the AV45 up front for over 8,000 miles including riding in heavy rainand low speed conditions. I have not exprienced the "wiggle feeling" you heard about. I recommend sticking with the 45/46 combination. I'm willing to change that with my next front, if you have experience on a Busa proving the 59/46 is a better combination.
none taken at all ....

most of what I was passing along was coming from an FJR forum...where they do a lot more sport/touring than we do.

But that being said....their steering geometry is very differnt too. With much less weight transferred to the front compared to on our Busas...they could be more subjectable to other influences.

I know that I get caught in a lot of rain and greasy roads in FL...and when I turn, I shift most of my weight and balance to the front end, so although I still might personally prefer a softer front tire up front...
I am glad to hear the 45s are doing well on our bikes.

I'm going to need rubber in the back soon. I have 2 questions - my existing rear tire is a 190, will a 200 fit and what are the advantages?

Second should I just change the rear or should I run a matching set. Thanks

I'm going to need rubber in the back soon.  I have 2 questions - my existing rear tire is a 190, will a 200 fit and what are the advantages?

Second should I just change the rear or should I run a matching set.  Thanks
Stock Busa 190 BT56J is just a hair shy of 200.  You'll want the 200 in order to keep things the same.  190 in most other brands will be narrower than the stock BT56J.

DO NOT MIX DIFFERENT BRANDS! Your original front will outlast the rear 2:1. For your first change I'd recommend just buying another stock BT56J. Overall they're good tires and no sense in tossing out a good front before its time.

I'll be due for a set in a few months and will most definitely be going with the Avons.

Anyone know of a killer deal going on?

<!--EDIT|Turbo-Torch
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151372991 -->

I'm going to need rubber in the back soon.  I have 2 questions - my existing rear tire is a 190, will a 200 fit and what are the advantages?

Second should I just change the rear or should I run a matching set.  Thanks
Get the BT020 for the rear. It will give you about 1,000 miles more than the BT56 if you are looking for some mileage. Then swap out both for the AVONs.

Back