Tire buying.

RedBusarider

Registered
I would like to know, when you buy tires online -
How are they delivered? In a box? Shrink wrapped? Loose with just a label taped on the tires? etc.
Ever received them damaged?

Also, where is the best place to buy them?
Is there one place that stands head and shoulders above all the rest? :please:

Any horror stories about your experiences? :banghead:
Any place to stay away from at all costs?
Are there deals to good to be true out there?

Anything else I should know?

Thinking Q3's front and rear........:whistle:

Usually shrink wrapped together when buying a set, no packaging.
Prices can vary by the day. Oil is used to make tires and the price fluctuates with the market.
I get most of mine from Competition Accessories. Their prices are the cheapest somedays, and very competitive others.
They have a warehouse in SC, and I'm in VA. I've gotten all sets the next day, or 2 days later. Location matters
Q2's are excellent tires, and can be had cheaper than Q3's. But the Q3's get great reviews and are said to be a an improvement(as you'de expect).

I order a few sets a year and usually get them from motorcycle superstore. They usually arrive UPS, wrapped in a plastic bag a few days after ordering. Never had any problems and I always check the date code on the tire, because I won't run a tire that was not made within the past year. I have had other places sell me "new" tires that were 4 years old and I sent them back.

Motorcyclesuperstore.com has sent me a set in a bag with straps and another set in a box with straps. They have a very useful website where you can search by size (with other rider reviews) and they have free shipping for orders over $80. Prices have always been as cheap as you can get (or better). They have a sale going on tires now if you get their Emails.

I have used a number of places without any issues. Just find a good deal. I am running Q3's and they just amazing tires. I was running Pilot Power 2cts before so I can't compare to the Q2's. But the Q3's are amazing. The heat up really fast and are good at low or high psi. They feel more secure than anything I have ever had on the Busa. For some reason they brake better too, maybe the Kevlar body or something?

Motomummy has a killer deal on Q3's right now :thumbsup:

Motorcycle Superstore has a little better price than Motomummy so I ordered a pair. Same rebate from Dunlop.

Thanks for the advice. I'll let you know how they package them and if they arrive with or without any damage.

Thanks Pashnit for the link - but the Avons were $30 more, otherwise they look like a good tire. Maybe for my GW next time.......

Avon's are a good tire, but not near the performance of the Q3 (albeit they may last longer)...A Q3 is a GREAT Trackday tire they are that good....

Motorcycle Superstore has a little better price than Motomummy so I ordered a pair. Same rebate from Dunlop..

Actually they don't have a better price.... I just bought a set of Q3's on Friday and it cost me $262.95 w/free shipping. I just checked the superstore and the same set would've cost me $270.98

Not a astronomical difference but $8 bucks more in my pocket none the less not including the rebate :beerchug:

Actually they don't have a better price.... I just bought a set of Q3's on Friday and it cost me $262.95 w/free shipping. I just checked the superstore and the same set would've cost me $270.98

Not a astronomical difference but $8 bucks more in my pocket none the less not including the rebate :beerchug:

That's almost a tank of gas to ride on, always pays to check around when buying tires, as the prices vary and change so often:beerchug:

I have had good luck with tireexpress.com. Just got a set of pilot road 3's from them. Make sure they show in stock when ordering otherwise it takes a while for them to show up.

They are shipped taped together if I get a pair, the packing label is taped to them.

I don't know what UPS personnel could do to a tire to accidentally damage one.

If I buy a single tire that's how it arrives. My sets come in a box no packing material. :dunno:

I only paid $251.98 for my Q3's So actually You paid $10.97 more then me :rofl::rofl:

I know that sounds strange but I ordered the 190/55 and it was LESS money than the 50. Go figure.
The other online places showed the 55 being more $. I talked to someone there and they said they would have to order them.
So they won't arrive until Tuesday. The Q3's haven't been out for too long so it's not like I can get 3 year old stock, right?
If they had to order them they should be pretty fresh. I'll look at the date stamp when they arrive. Time will tell.

I only paid $251.98 for my Q3's So actually You paid $10.97 more then me :rofl::rofl: I know that sounds strange but I ordered the 190/55 and it was LESS money than the 50. Go figure. The other online places showed the 55 being more $. I talked to someone there and they said they would have to order them. So they won't arrive until Tuesday. The Q3's haven't been out for too long so it's not like I can get 3 year old stock, right? If they had to order them they should be pretty fresh. I'll look at the date stamp when they arrive. Time will tell.

Motomummy $220 with a $40 rebate for Q3s

Back