Time to retire the Busa..

:thumbsup: That's just about the time I started riding but I was a Kawi guy back then. The four strokes couldn't stay with the two strokes without a lot of work but I see now that Honda was the best and most dependable bike. My opinion. You did Good.

I got my leg burnt on one of those when I was a kid. It was my dads and he gave me a ride on it while i was wearing shorts. The first time I burnt my leg and I remembered every time after that.

I got my leg burnt on one of those when I was a kid. It was my dads and he gave me a ride on it while i was wearing shorts. The first time I burnt my leg and I remembered every time after that.

It's funny you say that because I was thinking the same thing when I saw that bike. :whistle: I still have the burn scar on my leg from when I was a kid. I still remember how much it HURT!!! :laugh:

Welcome to the classic bike club.
Thanks!

But I think I'm already a member...

My '81 Seca 550. Bought it new 16K miles;
81seca.jpg

Father-in-law bought this one new. Gave it to me several years back.
'78 Hawk. 5K miles.
000_0149.jpg

A guy just can't have too many toys. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Update;

Well... I've checked out the front end... broken free and lubricated the cables...front brake works great now. Wheel and forks cleaned up and lookin good.

Took the tank off the other day.. kinda thinkin' it might clean up ok. I'm gonna do my best, and then install a fuel filter in each line to catch anything I've missed.

Both airfilters are off.. one looks good, the other not so good.. Carbs off and almost finished..

Another week or two and I might be ready to fire this puppy up!!

**Please excuse the crappy iphone pics...

66c3977e.jpg

7725901b.jpg

6d0b4e33.jpg

Last edited:
I had one when I stationed at Atsugi Japan while I was in the Navy. It was the perfect bike for the small roads back then. Nice find. :thumbsup:

:rofl:Thats the first thing I thought when I saw it!

I dig it!!! I'm partial to the early 70's Hondas, though. :D

3519596672_a8422bea35.jpg

I rode mine for almost a year on the original tires. :whistle:

Edit: you're lucky you have a front drum, the single puck front caliper sucks. They freeze up and squeal horribly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom