Tie down anchors"

Registered
Where are you getting the anchors that you put in the floor that flip out for your tie down straps?

E-Trac is a great way to go if you got a few extra bucks to invest.. infinite tie down possibilities..

If you just need something really quick you could pick up a set of metal tie down mounts from any auto parts store. You just drill a small hole in the bed floor of your truck where you want them and they really help in a hurry when you have to haul your bike.

This is the place I found that had the most variety

Macs Custom Tie Downs - Professional grade tie-down systems for car, truck, motorcycle, boat, or airplane.

I don't really care for etrack on the floor but it works. Versa-Track works so much better but is more expensive. Look at what is holding down your seat the next time you fly. I believe it is called A-track also.

Bikes in my trailer move around depending on how many/what I am hauling.
I can haul

1 bike
2 bikes
3 bikes
1 or 2 with my small roll around tool box.

this is what I use Mac's anchor plates, backing plates, deck hardware, and tie down rings

I have e-track on both walls to secure the tool box and when I use it as a cargo trailer.

I think I have about 14-16 anchor plates mounted.

I am looking for something that sits flush into the floor. The swivel mount looks interesting but expensive.

Even the ones with 900# should be fine but I would go with the M-801 or M-901 units. The M-801 are only $2 more than the 900# models.

You need to make sure they are mounted where the plywood floor (enclosed) is not the only thing holding if possible. Using backing plates and catching a couple of screws through the floor frame cross braces makes a big difference. I'd still use at least backing plates if it was a 2x8 floor in an open trailer.

anyone got pics of the process for installing flush mounted d rings? I'm tempted to just get the e-track but the best deal I can find is still $150ish...if I could do the same thing for 25% of the costs, well I'd just assume go that route :thumbsup:

anyone got pics of the process for installing flush mounted d rings? I'm tempted to just get the e-track but the best deal I can find is still $150ish...if I could do the same thing for 25% of the costs, well I'd just assume go that route :thumbsup:

You dont even want to know how much i have spent on this stuff!

Back