Thumbs up for T-Rex Sliders

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
I was recently caught in the rain and dropped my Busa at approximately 25 mph or so. The bike and I hit the ground and the bike slide across the road for approximately 15-20 yards. As I slid across the road watching in horror, I noticed that my bike was not sheding plastic parts as it slid across the road. When I picked her up there was almost no damage to anything more than the slider! I was able to ride home and she was ready to go after a good look over.

There have been a number of posts here lately bashing some vendors and maybe rightly so. But we should say something when a vendor saves the day too, right? The T-Rex frame sliders are no-cut ype but are very sturdy and well engineered. They are easy to install but you have to remove the fairing lowers, but that's nothing compared to having to drill holes in the plastic.

I have heard a lot of debate on frame sliders but after this little incident I'm a real believer in them and especially the T-Rex units.:bowdown:

Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Slide3.jpg

Its good you didnt get hurt and the bike faired well.I am glad to have the frame sliders and also have a stator cover guard..

I had a stator slider kinda like that once too, but I drug it a few times and changed it out to something else....

Thanks for posting this "save" by the T-Rex NO-CUT sliders. A lot of naysayers propagate the myth that the radiator is gooned with the NO-CUTs during a spill. I believe it is safe to say that your radiator is fine (obviously since you were able to ride the bike home).

Thanks for posting this "save" by the T-Rex NO-CUT sliders. A lot of naysayers propagate the myth that the radiator is gooned with the NO-CUTs during a spill. I believe it is safe to say that your radiator is fine (obviously since you were able to ride the bike home).

Yes. No damage to anything important. I have been riding the bike since the crash (about a month ago or so) and all systems are go.

Yes. No damage to anything important. I have been riding the bike since the crash (about a month ago or so) and all systems are go.

Excellent. I also "crash-tested" the No-Cut on my old 08 and like yours, radiator was fine after the spill. I have saved this thread (along with a few others) to offer as proof the next time someone chimes in that T-Rex NO-Cuts do not work or do more harm than good.....with nothing but HEARSAY to offer as evidence.

Back