Throttlemeister

tinbender0

Cool Breeze
Donating Member
Registered
I am looking for a used set of chrome or black throttlemeisters. Let me know if anyone has some they want to get rid of ...THANKS

You ain't gettin yer mitts on mine!
laugh.gif

Let's see some reviews on those things! I have been contemplating purchasing a set of heavy non-polished. Where's KS? we need a group buy.............

I've got the heavy polished set, and am VERY happy with them. The heavys take a little buzz out of the bars, and give a larger area to grip and set the TM with.

Take your time with the set up of the shims, and put a little loctite on 'em ( the bar end bolts) when you are happy with the clearance. You will probably need to trim the throttle housing ( under the grip) for a really good fit, but it only takes a couple of minutes, and the installation instructions with the TMs are very good.

I got the silver ones with the red stripe I want to get rid of. I got kuryakyn grips and dont need the throttle miesters.

I guess I will be the one dissenting vote on here. I have them (Heavy non polished)and though not quite ready to get rid of them I still prefer my trusty old NEP throttle lock. Possibly because I am not doing a lot of open highway running. Most of my riding is unfortunately on the congested roadways of western Washington and not many opportunities to utilize it to it's full potential. used to use my throttle lock mainly for a little chance to get my hand free for some circulation or? This is great for open road running but not necessarily for the type of riding I typically do. I replaced a really nice set of Custom brass bar ends which were heavier yet and did a better job of quelling the vibrations. If I could figure out a decent way to make the NEP work without interfering with the leads to my heated grips I would be set. I am halfheartedly thinking of doing away with my whole bar set up (Gen mar riser, Helibars and Throttlemiesters) and using the proceeds to buy a set of the Cycle Cat bar risers. Maybe a mid-winter project.

Back