Threw 2 rods

Since i have the to wait i seen a post on another hayabusa forum oil mods easy and fun by Johnny nuts. Has anybody here done them and have they helped or hurt.
When i was cleaning the new cases i did notice that water comes out 1&4 main and pistons jets way better then 2&3, this was with the cases split not bolted together and those are the 2 that failed on this motor
Wow. That sucks. I have a 2002 busa that I sprayed a 75 shot on with pump gas and bows it turbod still going strong. Get that thing fixed and on the road again.
I'm trying too, cutting corners biting me in the butt. Good to know it can handle a 75 shot once i get back going its going to be getting a little shot maybe 30 or 40.

I was getting on it but not to hard honestly had just pulled onto the interstate after bringing my friend a breaker bar to change his tire. It would start idling weird when hot the last few times i took it out loping like it had a big cam but i thought it was from a vacuum leak
These bikes should have no problem operating at peak rpm and most handle it just fine. It's what they were made to do.

I'm trying to get a block but none are close so hopefully it'll be running next week.
08 up blocks swap right over they just have the windage cuts on the sides right??
They always said "same engine as Gen1" but I've never tried fitting all parts from a Gen1 into a Gen2 block. I wouldn't want to guess on that one.

These bikes should have no problem operating at peak rpm and most handle it just fine. It's what they were made to do.

They always said "same engine as Gen1" but I've never tried fitting all parts from a Gen1 into a Gen2 block. I wouldn't want to guess on that one.
Those that do are well maintained. I can't really say about the maintenance history but when i got it, it was taken care of well i feel.
I know head to throttle bodies different. Sprocket cover for sure and the transmission output won't i believe and some other stuff

Those that do are well maintained. I can't really say about the maintenance history but when i got it, it was taken care of well i feel.
I know head to throttle bodies different. Sprocket cover for sure and the transmission output won't i believe and some other stuff
Sounds like a new engine will be your best bet. A Gen2 motor in a Gen1 would be really cool. Just be very sure about that new motor. Sounds like you know how to go through it and I think I might do that even if it's running. A buddy of mine blew his motor with spun bearings and then he put a new motor in. It blew too right away. He trusts the shop that put the motor in but IDK...

Check the screen in the oil pick up tube to see if it may have been blocked by silicone from a repair at one time or if it had a clutch failure in a previous life and it packed the screen full of clutch material. It may be hard to tell what was in the pick up tube before failure with the other damage. It looks like an oil starvation issue of some kind.

Sounds like a new engine will be your best bet. A Gen2 motor in a Gen1 would be really cool. Just be very sure about that new motor. Sounds like you know how to go through it and I think I might do that even if it's running. A buddy of mine blew his motor with spun bearings and then he put a new motor in. It blew too right away. He trusts the shop that put the motor in but IDK...
If i could find a deal on one i would but at the moment ima have to give this one a try. Just need a block to finish what i got. Got a gen 2 block on the way. End goal is to at least swap to gen 2 head and elecrronics.
Check the screen in the oil pick up tube to see if it may have been blocked by silicone from a repair at one time or if it had a clutch failure in a previous life and it packed the screen full of clutch material. It may be hard to tell what was in the pick up tube before failure with the other damage. It looks like an oil starvation issue of some kind.
I smoked the last set if clutches and had put new ones in recently so that's a strong possibility. Got a new pickup too to not chance anything old being sucked in.

20210625_170654.jpg

20210625_170805.jpg

20210625_170819.jpg

Well i got the bike back running after being down 1 day short of a month. Only thing i was able to use from old engine was stuff on the outside and trans lol. New to me crank, rods, pistons, cases, block, and cylinder head(had 2 bent intake valves).
Rode it around the block then took to the track and hot lapped tf out of it lol. My dad said if it made it through that it should live a long life.
Question though on my plan to help it live long. How frequent should i change the oil? What i was thinking was race it on the weekend, monday change the oil to street ride it thru the week if i do then race the next weekend and then drop pan and strainer and clean. Or is that excessive. Planning on using yamalube 10w40 4w
Please oh please do not put zinc in your engine! It is a highly reactive compound and in large quantities causes internal corrosion! If you are not familiar with this engineer please read the following. Search the page for "AFTERMARKET ZINC ADDITIVES – DO THEY WORK?"

Its #36 in this list(well 4m is but from what ive been able to pull up its the same) $20 a gallon and has incredible wear protection, its the highest rated conventional oil, was considering this over running amsoil domintor since its half the price and i could change more frequently.
How would yall recommend i service it considering in trying to race it on the weekend and ride it on the street thru the week.

My dads friend gave me some brocks lowering links so shes lower in the back and has the carolina squat when its not strapped lol. My dad has the piece that goes between the bars and trees to lower the front that im going to put on. Also found a high volume oil pump gear in my dads spare parts that i put on.
Almost had a heart attack at first start up oil pressure light wouldn't go off killed immediately and saw it was leaking(slave rod seal) too so i figured oil was moving, started it up again and said eff it and let it run didn't lock up went to investigating wire to sensor broke

16264133549854313143027901672901.jpg

Last edited:
...Planning on using yamalube 10w40 4w

Its #36 in this list(well 4m is but from what ive been able to pull up its the same) $20 a gallon and has incredible wear protection, its the highest rated conventional oil...

I cannot find any information that would exclude marine oil for road vehicle use. It is a choice that I had not heard of people making. I am guessing that you want a non-motorcycle oil so that it does not have an insane cost and a conventional oil that possibly will not wipe out the clutch? You may be a good test subject and can let us know how it goes.

I cannot comment on oil change frequency. I do not do my own work so I have my tech change it anytime I can get his attention. I do think that motorcycles have one built in help factor and that is changes in how the shifting feels.

After all the work you did to put this bike back together and running, don't fool with oil-go with what is recommended for the bike even if it's dino oil.....

Marine oil might have lots of protections but may not be great for a wet clutch and high heat from racing....marine engines are cooled by a constant flow of cold water and run cooler than a bike engine...

If it were me, I'd stick to tried and true

How much oil did you pull out in the pan?
That looks like an oil pump failure for sure
Not much it was all over the rode and bike
I cannot find any information that would exclude marine oil for road vehicle use. It is a choice that I had not heard of people making. I am guessing that you want a non-motorcycle oil so that it does not have an insane cost and a conventional oil that possibly will not wipe out the clutch? You may be a good test subject and can let us know how it goes.

I cannot comment on oil change frequency. I do not do my own work so I have my tech change it anytime I can get his attention. I do think that motorcycles have one built in help factor and that is changes in how the shifting feels.
Im not to concerned about marine or regular or conventional or synthetic. I went through the list and that was the highest conventional w/o a additive. Was just running conventional because i heard u need that on fresh builds to help the rings seat. It didn't seem to affect my clutches so i changed the oil yesterday and used it again. I used the yamalube 4w. Still had a dark dark golden color after about 10-15 passes and 1-200 miles on the street.
After all the work you did to put this bike back together and running, don't fool with oil-go with what is recommended for the bike even if it's dino oil.....

Marine oil might have lots of protections but may not be great for a wet clutch and high heat from racing....marine engines are cooled by a constant flow of cold water and run cooler than a bike engine...

If it were me, I'd stick to tried and true
Im not opposed to going with what's tried and true was just trying to save some money if I'm going to be doing frequent oil changes.

16264474638391920092759948837937.jpg

Man this bike gotta have some bad juju on it or something lol. 2 or 3 tracks days and a bunch of street riding.
And this happened
20210727_112427.jpg

Key got taken out of bike so was trailering to get new key made. And traffic came to a stop but the dump truck didn't. Come to find out it was my little cousin thats staying with us that took my key out of bike and my mom found it a few days later while she was cleaning up on her bed.

Man this bike gotta have some bad juju on it or something lol. 2 or 3 tracks days and a bunch of street riding.
And this happened View attachment 1638974
Key got taken out of bike so was trailering to get new key made. And traffic came to a stop but the dump truck didn't. Come to find out it was my little cousin thats staying with us that took my key out of bike and my mom found it a few days later while she was cleaning up on her bed.
Holy crap on a cracker......it just never ends....

And this happened View attachment 1638974
Yeah stop riding this bike. Bad karma following it. Could have been you on it when it happened.

Holy crap on a cracker......it just never ends....
Tell me about it. Haven't had the tahoe a full month either. The trailer took a majority of the hit from the car and truck.
Yeah stop riding this bike. Bad karma following it. Could have been you on it when it happened.
Aint really got a choice but to now lol. Pretty sure it needs a swingarm and wheel and I'm tapped out on funds after this last rebuild and getting it registered.
You need to make right with whatever. She ain’t meant to be ridden. Universe is saying something
That's what I been thinking.

What a HUGE drag! First one thing, then another. I'm assuming you weren't injured and I'm glad for that. Hopefully nobody else was either. I'd keep the bike after all the work put into it. Somebody else would fix it and ride it, might as well be you.

What a HUGE drag! First one thing, then another. I'm assuming you weren't injured and I'm glad for that. Hopefully nobody else was either. I'd keep the bike after all the work put into it. Somebody else would fix it and ride it, might as well be you.
Yup sucks booty cheeks lol. The other 2 vehicles and trailer took a majority of the hit but my back has been hurting on and off since it happened.
Can't really get rid of it since it has a bunch of my dad's parts on it

Back