Three jobs you don’t need a four degree to make 100K

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
Two of these jobs just might be a tad dangerous.:laugh:

Sorry, I usually test any link I provide. Maybe this one works.

23D397E3-ED09-4682-A4E4-2D4B0F65748C.jpg

the nuclear power plant job definitely needs an asterisk. if you dont know physics, chem, math, etc. beyond what many HS teach, you arent getting hired or wouldn’t be able to pass their pre hire training programs/training.

Unless you are planning to get a 4yr degree in something that immediately hires (IE: nursing, financial, education) OR pursue a masters...I suggest getting a certificate or going through a trade school beforehand. EMS program just takes 6months and pays $17-19/hr in my area. Paramedic, Firefighting, Police, and welding each take a year but have decent pay and benefits as well.

Good friend of mine obtained his master's in Biomedical Engineering and got a job at Vanderbilt University; however, he made more working at Starbucks...

I had two Cpls working for me and each had a Master's degree but found they weren't interested in their fields of expertise. I told them they should be officers but they really wanted to do instead of telling people to do and would never experience what they did as an officer.

Even as Cpls they were making almost $100k with all the allowances added to their base pay. I was over $100k with no degree (I got one after). Of course a regular Cpl is making less than $100 but still in the $65-$75K range.

My neighbor has a Master's a PhD and a couple other degrees and can't find a job...she's a teacher and figures she's over qualified for most jobs in her field. She wants to be a Prinicpal but people stay in those jobs forever-you almost have to get that job willed to you.

Back