Thoughts on cruisers??

I've done some work 2 my Nightrod recently. I blacked out the front end and added a smoked tail light with integrated signals with a fabbed up side mount license plate. Really cleans up the rear end so you can see that 240 rear tire :whistle:

They wanted like $140 dollars for these little cheap black plastic covers for the upper part of the forks ??? Uh.... I don't think so! :laugh: A $10 tube of 3M gloss black vinyl rap did the trick quite nicely. Then added a pair of gator fork tube covers for the lower forks and removed the reflectors, whoila!

Added a set of Performance Machine grips so it doesn't feel like I'm riding a bmx bike anymore :laugh:

Got some other things planned 4 it so hopefully it'll be done b4 riding season starts :please:

IMG_00000257_edit_1_zpse5a0c8d6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Jesus.. and it's over 800 lbs.

My dirt bike (enduro) weighs 290lbs and gives 52 horses. It kicks most Harleys, but above 90mph it gets a bit wobbly. 65 horses is plenty for a Harley though, different type of riding all together.

Anybody ride 1 of those Honda Goldwing F6B's??

Basically it's a Wing with the top box chopped off. They are going 4 the minimalistic bagger look, never thought I would do a Goldwing :laugh: well @ least not till I was like 60 or something. Don't look half bad and them wings run damn near 4ever with no issues. The price is considerably less than the full wings too.

Interesting thread.

I don't like cruisers. I just don't get them !

Everyone I have ridden has major flaws.
If its not a gutless engine, it's poor suspension or ground clearance, C-grade brakes,
Unadjustable shaft drive gearing, awful fat tyre sizes or a dumb riding position and a
tiny fuel tank or a supertanker wheelbase etc etc.

I'm currently running several big naked bikes, not sure if the US would call them retro?
standards? Nakeds? Or Streetfighters? Happy to put them up against a cruiser even over distance work.

When a cruiser has an modern frame, suspension, chain drive, 17" wheels that take decent tyres,
and makes some decent horsepower ill be interested. I can't get my head around buying a bad design
That can easily be done better to get an image or fashion.

Not having a dig at anyone, just not my thing.
I like comfort and I like my lazy cruise rides, but it doesn't have to be on a bike with so little ability.

(Yes, I have ridden 109's, V-Max and the Ducati "dribble" and sad to say I have owned an Evo HD)

Anybody ride 1 of those Honda Goldwing F6B's??

Basically it's a Wing with the top box chopped off. They are going 4 the minimalistic bagger look, never thought I would do a Goldwing :laugh: well @ least not till I was like 60 or something. Don't look half bad and them wings run damn near 4ever with no issues. The price is considerably less than the full wings too.

I have been totally checking those out. I may take a more serious look when I finally pay off the boat.

-Eric

Progressive HD front fork springs
49mm pre load adjusters
Custom air ride suspension for the rear with stealth bar mount switch and low mount air gauge
Street Glow Fork mounted LED front turn signals
Billet under bar mount mirrors

These mods turned out pretty nice, improved the look and ride of the bike for sure. Went to bike night and got a chit ton of compliments! Not bad considering there was $30-40k bikes parked next to mine :whistle:

pic001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
hell yea! that looks badass!!! sometimes the simple yet functional are more appealing then the $30-40k bikes.... that thing is just real tasteful.

Thanks a lot !!!! :beerchug:

While the busa is still my #1 choice I'm a bike guy period..... I like what I like no matter the brand. When I 1st laid eyes on a nightrod I knew it was the bike for me and was even more surprised that it was a harley:laugh:

Honestly the response I've gotten from this bike is amazing. I've gotten thumbs up from old and young alike. People who ride and people who don't. It's kinda weird cause this isn't a rare or exotic bike but people look @ it like it's some exotic sports car or something?? I'll be sitting in traffic and people will honk their horn @ me and give me the thumbsup or say nice bike :rofl: Even the hard core harley guys give me compliments and my bike has not 1 ounce of chrome on it and Ive gotten a lot of positive feedback on here as well so I guess I'm doing something right!!

My My how time flies........

Interesting to read an old thread I started years ago! The Nightrod has come and gone and a 2015 Roadglide Special has taken its place. I’ve had it for over 3 years now and I’m still loving it!!! I’ll never say never but I plan on holding onto this 1 for a while. Over 3 years of modding and tweaking and she’s finally taking shape. I guess that’s 1 of the big Draws to H-D. You can customize and make the bike to fit you like a glove and suit your needs.

Stock off the showroom floor 2015:
3918659F-F599-4B88-9344-03D8132837AC.jpeg

Still under construction.....
14BE041F-3AFE-46DE-A495-82801F1ACA52.jpeg

Still not quite there.....
70B20A44-DF78-4109-ACCE-5696849E5B3E.jpeg

Now we’re getting somewhere :firing:
F2F23FD5-E07E-4045-820B-2B40361EECDE.jpeg

18ECAC5D-F53B-4264-B24F-D745BFCF15E1.jpeg

Last edited:
You are a lucky guy. Bike looks awesome and you seem to love it. I still can't get myself loving the BMW. That bike is basically a bitch. Basic design flaws, and the aftermarket doesn't even know BMW changed the 2018 model. You end up either modifying or returning everything. I tried to sell it to 2 guys, both fell through.

You are a lucky guy. Bike looks awesome and you seem to love it. I still can't get myself loving the BMW. That bike is basically a bitch. Basic design flaws, and the aftermarket doesn't even know BMW changed the 2018 model. You end up either modifying or returning everything. I tried to sell it to 2 guys, both fell through.

Yeah I’ll probably never get rid of the Busa just because I have so much $$$ and time invested into it. But I’m not gonna lie or kid myself..... I prefer to ride my Harley. This Roadglide is the best bike I’ve ever owned!!! I’ve already ridden places and seen things I’ve never thought I would with it. It motivates me to get out and ride and plan for the next adventure!!! The Busa is exhilarating and a blast to ride but I don’t enjoy flying around solo all the time or always wondering about the next speed trap or flashing lights in my rear view mirror. There’s way more people apt to meet up and ride on Harley’s than sportbikes.....

Sorry to hear that Beamer isn’t working out for you Arch??? Didn’t see you post anything about it so I figured everything was gravy. Maybe you shoulda went with your 1st impulse and bought that Super Duke GT?? Or perhaps it’s time you come on over to my world!!! :beerchug: The new H-D’s and he’ll even the new Indian Baggers are pretty damn nice!!! If I wasn’t so attached to my Roadglide I would definitely consider them new Chieftan Darkhorse Baggers

Didn't realize the Beemer isn't up to scratch for Arch , can't believe you been trying to sell it already ! Hope you get the outcome you are looking for mate .
Personally , I will also be keeping my Busa , maybe even 2 Busa , but I am also thinking something that cruises the speed limit and is still fast on 0-60 mph would be good also . I still like the V Rod , and I hope either a good example is around when I'm ready or something along those lines new from HD or Indian . I want a comfortable muscle bike with a long term ownership and custom options . But all this is a way off for me as it stands for the foreseeable future anyway .

Back