Thoughs on my K6 so far.

BentValve

Alive & enjoying it!
Donating Member
Registered
Wow and to think I just came off a Hayabusa and am here thinking how squirrly my new K6 is.

Now I know first hand why these things get wrecked just as fast as they get sold.

Awesome bike is all I can say, brakes , engine, ergos, handling ...it has it all. But damn does it require some serious respect ..this is one very light bike with a very powerful motor.
The power to weight ratio is almost too high.

All I can say is if your Hayabusa is getting boring and you want to spice up your riding experience then the K5/K6 is the ticket.

(though I am sure a 10R would do the trick as well. )

Awesome bike, I cannot wait to ride it again.

BTW the Busa is my no means a boring bike but its really tame until you are pushing it in the corners...but then you are playing around on a tightrope....there is no in between it seems.
(actually there probably is ..I just was not one that wanted to dabble in it.)

And frankly the Gixxer is tame too but its not the 540lb beast the Busa is so it allows alot of
freeplay in the corners that just is not there on the Busa.

Overall I think the Gixxer's high power/weight ration and its flickability are the key reasons it comes off as being a more fun bike. And the more un-linear power band adds in some fun too.

I still have not gotten any of those almost undecriblable hardcore , euphoric laughters and #### eating grins that last like 2 minutes like the Busa can give.... after 500 miles and another oil change I will be getting near those fun times...tomorrow should be the day.
smile.gif

I have run out 1st , 2nd and hit third on a K5 and its a rush for sure!
cool.gif

The Animal in the Busa will be missed though:
Oh it aint that tame...topping out the Busa will bring out the beast in it...topping out my Busa was very exciting and a huge rush and the most fun I ever had on that bike!....this is something I may never experience on my K6.. the K6 has no where near the stability the Busa has @ speed.

To all Busa owners...140 is fun, so is 150 and 160 but keep on going because its after about 180 when things start getting really fun. Every Busa owner should do it at least once. Then again I suppose fun is relative...I guess not everyone would find that fun.
Me and Neeley sure as heck did.

laugh.gif

the K6 has no where near the stability the Busa has @ speed.
I thought you said in one of your earlier reviews that the K6 was just as stable and comfy as the Busa. I guess it really takes owning a Gixx or any bike for that matter and REALLY ride it to find out what it's all about. I still wanna get a K6 but with all of the new mods I'm about to pour into the Busa, I've been getting to thinking of just keeping the extra 10K and just go turbo. I think that should satisfy my need for more power.

Ok, let me rephrase that...the Gixxer is lighter and not as confident inspiring ...though I am sure its just as stable.
The main thing @ speed is youd not want to deathgrip the bars because it will be more prone to getting upset.

If straight line speed is your thing then definately just get a turbo on your Busa...the K6 is not for you.

Def some good gixx reviews. Esp coming from a Busa owner. Track days are so exciting to me but so is that thrill of going full tilt straight line speed. In the long run I'm sure I'll just go turbo but I'll continue the track days just to build my conering skills. The turbo will most likely only kick in on the straights anyways.

Back