This thing is HOT!!!

crepitus

Registered
Went for a ride today. First one that it was above 80. Man does this bike put off some heat, esp the left side and the seat area. Only went for 2 hours but that was all i could take. Is there anything that helps this?

Is there anything that helps this?
Yep, twist the right wrist some more.
biggrin.gif

And just think it isn't even July yet:D
tounge.gif
Better get that engine ice!

<!--EDIT|#cruncherbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118050823 -->

Get some good backroads and you won't complain about heat at all

yeah the heat sucks espically in the middle of traffic. Thats why i pic and choose when i ride
wink.gif

Only ride at night.... in winter , that should fix it.
tounge.gif

Ice blue  or Blue Ice motorcycle coolant  !

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118065880 -->

are you wearin any gear? jeans absorb heat thru the material, leathers shield you from the heat..... just a thought.

ride long trips with yer left heel on the end of the peg, pointing yer toe down. Lots of heat there, pointing the toe shoots cool air down in yer boot.

Lane split.
Perferorated gear.
Water in yer helmet.
Hydrate before rides.
Turn right if ya have too.(JAMS,LONG LIGHTS,TRAINCROSSINGS,ACCIDENTS,RUSH HOUR) .
Turn it off....the motor, that is... if its a long delay.

etc etc etc...

are you wearin any gear? jeans absorb heat thru the material, leathers shield you from the heat..... just a thought.[/QUOTE]

Kevin Kesler Posted on June 06 2005,02:17
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote (crepitus @ June 05 2005,16:50)
Went for a ride today.  First one that it was above 80.  Man does this bike put off some heat, esp the left side and the seat area.  Only went for 2 hours but that was all i could take.  Is there anything that helps this?

Don't wear shorts. [/QUOTE]

ride long trips with yer left heel on the end of the peg, pointing yer toe down.  Lots of heat there, pointing the toe shoots cool air down in yer boot.

Lane split.
   Perferorated gear.
     Water in yer helmet.
       Hydrate before rides.
  Turn right if ya have too.(JAMS,LONG LIGHTS,TRAINCROSSINGS,ACCIDENTS,RUSH HOUR) .
   Turn it off....the motor, that is... if its a long delay.

etc etc etc... [/QUOTE]
idea.gif

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118066521 -->

i dont think leathers or jeans help at all. havent riden in shorts so i dont know

i very seldom ever notice it... course if I run into traffic I just go somewhere else... haha I didn't buy a bike to sit in traffic.. or even ride along with it at low speeds.. too dangerous.. and it's hotter too..

leather does deflect the heat a bit.. you don't feel it as much as in jeans... but your still hotter overall when the going gets slow.

Left side is where your overflow bottle is for your radiator so you probably notice heat from the hot water sitting there more then the right. Just keep her moving!
smile.gif

Back