this is why i love forums, made a custom grille for my truck tonight!!

got some bilstein 5100 off road leveling shocks on the way that will give the front end 2" of lift and the rear 1". Can't wait to get these on, i hate the ride in the truck, too bouncy and soft. A 4x4 truck should ride like a truck and not a cadillac. Don't know why they put such soft shocks on these trucks and make them ride like a sedan, both front shocks were blown on my truck at 50k miles

i think it looks great...by the way..do you have a tote for the spare tranny parts that fall out? j/k lol

I was thinkin about sprayin the inserts and mesh black, but if i end up not likin it my grille inserts will be trash

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Paint the mesh black, that will make it look nice because of the contrast. Go with a satin though, not flat or gloss. The mesh will also play off the paint of the truck as well and tie it all in together.

You gave me an idea. My front bumper is open and my oil cooler is beat to crap with bugs and road debris. Hmm, going to Lowes today anyway......

decided u guys were right, needs some black to break it up a bit. In the process of painiting the horizontal grille inserts with plasti dip to give it a flat black rubber look. Gonna put the silver mesh behind that. Looks like it's gonna turn out great, the mesh really pops behind the grille inserts being black now. Will post up pics tonight when i get it back on. If i end up not liking it and trashing my grille inserts, big deal, I'll just order a billet grille:laugh:

Looks good which ever way you like. I would only worry if it causes the truck to run hotter, other than that. It all looks good.

Back