This is messed up

If the guy had the truck in his name, sounds to me like the dealership "stole" it from his yard. I once bought a GMC Jimmy and 3 days after I picked it up the dealership contacted me to say they "made a mistake" and needed another $300. I told them the deal was signed by me and them and therefore final. Take me to court if you want! Never heard from them again. Damn--I hate scammers!

I hope he takes them to court. If the dealers cost was 15k then why are they asking 11k more thats 19.1K with his initial check. Bastages.

Oh yeah, we would be going to court. Did I miss it in the article where they said they gave back the car he traded in?

Regardless of who's right, that dealer should have let the guy have the car, and advertise it as an honest mistake. Instead, if you're buying a car there, how many times do you have to ask the salesperson: "Are you sure, are you sure?"

I would just give a key to a buddy and have them want to "test ride" my truck at the dealership, then it would be mine again. except I would hide it a little better.

Oh yeah, we would be going to court.  Did I miss it in the article where they said they gave back the car he traded in?
Yes. Click the link for the dealer's statement to the TV station. They gave him back the trade in, and the check the guy paid with was not cashed (it was a "hold check" - not to be cashed until a certain date)

The dealer also offerred the guy $500 for his trouble, which he turned down.

Not siding with the dealer here, just stating the facts as presented.

Sounds simple to me, bring charges of Thief and Conspiracy (that's the guys who went to get the truck along with the person who told them too) along with a hefty Civil Suit so their Bonding Insurance Company has to come into play.

Want'a Play Ball, Well, Lets Go
wink.gif

How would the guy have known that Bill Heard had mixed up stock numbers? They should have eaten their mistake.

I have my own Bill Heard story. They are the epitome of sleaze. Will never do business with them again.

Hope the guy takes them to court and WINS!

If they have a "Large Number" of similar complaints, they shouldn't keep their business license. The BBB should shut them down!

dont take your children to mcdonalds, they hire sex offenders
rock.gif

hell, they gotta work somewhere.....sorry for the thread jack
biggrin.gif

If they have a "Large Number" of similar complaints, they shouldn't keep their business license.  The BBB should shut them down!
Ummm, the BBB has no power to shut anyone down. They're just a reporting agency. Effective, to be sure, but not a governing body.

--Wag--

Back