This bike is wrot with problems!

Irish

Registered
So, had her in the shop and personally fixed and now a new thing is happening. While I'm riding, the bike dies. All electrical systems are still on, but the engine dies. Can't simply let out the clutch and jump it even at 60mph. I have to pull off the road and hold the ignition down for a while till it fires back up. It does and I can make it about a mike before it happens again. Not much fun. Personal thoughts; fuel pump screen but y' all know more than me, soo throw me some suggestions so I cann get back on the road. Thanks brothers and sisters!

2000 busa, no new mods
Posted via Mobile Device

Got a Power Commander on it? Unplug it and see if that changes anything. I had one die on me a few years back.

Good luck with it brother. Any indicators on the dash when this happened ? ODO going the CHEK, etc.

I would be guessing fuel pump, had a friend whose did the same thing.

If not that (and I would chack it anyway) look at the kickstand switch

How does it die? Is it 1) cuts off suddently, or 2) hesitates, coughs, and then dies?

Also, when this happens and you are still moving try this: pull the clutch in all the way, and hit the starter button. If it restarts, rev her up to 5-6k while the clutch is still in - see if it starts coughing or hesitating. In any event, give her some gas and slowly release the clutch. Report back.

If it's (1) and you can restart as explained above with no issues and continue, I would suspect bad connection somewhere affecting the ignition. If (2) and the engine does not restart until it rests for a while, or restarts but start hesitating - then the problem would point to fuel starvation (i.e. fueld pump, clogged fuel filter, etc).

~UPDATE~
so i took off the fuel pump and the first filter was crushed, acordianed both ways. definitely a major issue. the petcock screen was gunked up pretty good too. ordered new filter, 5 days out. probably going to need to order the other filter too but havent got that far yet, had to go to class. Would post pics but its all right here and denon970 made an amazing tutorial!!
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/main...p-filter-replacement-no-more-cutting-out.html
Again thanks guys, will report back when i have more information.

Back