They caught one

sad.gif

Unelievable, his first instinct was probably to run, not get out and see if he could help the person he just hit, or call for help....
RIP, prayers to his family and freinds.....

(PaNDeM1C @ Mar. 21 2007,23:09)
(06BUSA @ Mar. 22 2007,00:16) Sad. No license, wonder why? Is he even a citizen? Just wondering I am not trying to stereo type.
LOL! I was thinking the same thing!

The world is so PC now that we get called racist or whatever for even thinking it! But stereotypes are there because that group of people created it for themselves... and that included all stereotypes.
I don't agree with the stereotype statment. Stereotypes are given to one by a group to lump similarities of a people in one box. No one gives themself a stereotype...

That being said, I would like to know if dude was an illegal as well. It sucks all the way around.

(...and no, you are not racist for asking that question....)

Prayers for the rider. Always sad to hear that, regardless of whether or not he was wearing a helmet.

Prayers and thoughts to the family. Great job for the caring people to keep that pos from leaving.

Would that have been a legal shoot for a CHL holder if the driver would have kept trying to leave?

(heavybusa @ Mar. 22 2007,05:04) Bad day for Rodrigo.  
guns.gif

I wish the best for the riders family.
Bad day for Rodrigo? BS! If he is, in fact, illegal he will just be deported and no charges will probably ever be filed against him. It sucks.

(Professor @ Mar. 22 2007,07:44)
(Black Bird Killer @ Mar. 21 2007,23:43) Gee, why doesn't he have a license?
guns.gif
In that area of town, It would be a 50/50 chance of him even being in the country legally.
yep, that's sounds right. still sucks though.

It's sad when anyone dies. Helmets should be the law in all states. This guy will probably be deported and never charged, and will be back inside the US illegally within six months. It would be interesting to follow.

(basscrazy @ Mar. 22 2007,08:55)
I don't agree with the stereotype statment.  Stereotypes are given to one by a group to lump similarities of a people in one box.  No one gives themself a stereotype...  [/Quote]
I would have to disagree with that statement. I think that the reason you have stereotypes to begin with is for the simple fact that there are so many folks who fit them. In order to come up with a stereotype in the first place, you have to have recurring incidents of the same behaviour of the same demographic of people.

That's kinda the definition of "fitting a stereotype" isnt it?

That being said, R.I.P. to the rider and his family, and I hope that the guy who hit him gets 100% of what he has coming to him.

Forget the stereotype... FRY this man for one, driving without a license because you can surely assume he had no insurance and IF he did, the insurance company would BAIL on any payment to an injured or recipient due to the fact that the driver of the cage was not properly licensed!!!!!

I say he should still be tried for 1st degree Vehicular Manslaughter and then secondly charged with Hit & Run.

Its like the stupid line between MURDER1 and attempted homicide. If a "SUSPECT" pulls a gun during a robbery and shoots the clerk... if the clerk LIVES because a doctor or someone saves his life... the "Suspect" only gets Attempted Homicide... NOT MURDER! He SHOULD get MURDER because HE PULLED THE TRIGGER!! It should not matter that a 3rd party came into the equation and saved the clerk's life.

(motogp08 @ Mar. 21 2007,22:02) No gear=Bad on biker's part!

Stupidity behind the wheel=Bad on cager's part!

Trying to run after hitting someone=Bad on cager's part!

Killing someone, and STILL trying to run=Bad on cager's part!

I say three strikes and out of the gene pool, who's with me?
firedevil.gif
+1 on that bro!!!!
beerchug.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif

guns.gif

F### Rodrigo! Or anybody else who doesn't stop and try to help when directly involved in an accident of this sort!! Unless of course it wasn't an accident, and someone thought they could get away with something............again!

(Tango1300 @ Mar. 22 2007,14:29) Forget the stereotype... FRY this man for one, driving without a license because you can surely assume he had no insurance and IF he did, the insurance company would BAIL on any payment to an injured or recipient due to the fact that the driver of the cage was not properly licensed!!!!!

I say he should still be tried for 1st degree Vehicular Manslaughter and then secondly charged with Hit & Run.  

Its like the stupid line between MURDER1 and attempted homicide.  If a "SUSPECT" pulls a gun during a robbery and shoots the clerk... if the clerk LIVES because a doctor or someone saves his life... the "Suspect" only gets Attempted Homicide... NOT MURDER!  He SHOULD get MURDER because HE PULLED THE TRIGGER!!  It should not matter that a 3rd party came into the equation and saved the clerk's life.
I'll get the grill if you get the oil!
beerchug.gif
firedevil.gif

(PaNDeM1C @ Mar. 22 2007,04:09) The world is so PC now that we get called racist or whatever for even thinking it! But stereotypes are there because that group of people created it for themselves... and that included all stereotypes.
Yeah, but the only problem is those who choose to refuse that there are truly some good people in every race. Those are the ones who causes the greatest of problems and tend to be labeled a racist. The sad part is that they usually pass on this type of thinking to their children which in turn just creates a vicious cycle...

on a positive note, it is like a good oklahoman to stop and assist a down driver/rider, and they even resorted to a little vigilantism to stop the guy! good on 'em. I'm sure the family will be happy to know someone cared enough to help out a downed rider. that's something you don't see happen everyday nowadays.

Back