The Vodka Burner (unbelievable video)

Sorry Diver, wasn't trying to be MR. Smarty Pants or take over your thread, I just dig BIG planes...

judging from the unusual setup for take off (motoring to threshold) looks a lot like the images I found of Cairns..

Sorry Diver, wasn't trying to be MR. Smarty Pants or take over your thread, I just dig BIG planes...

Not offended, fascinated those are some BIG honking airplanes. Now, if I could only figure out how to get a jump out of one to add to my logbook!

Not offended, fascinated those are some BIG honking airplanes. Now, if I could only figure out how to get a jump out of one to add to my logbook!
I doubt they would notice you on board... opening doors might draw some attention however :rofl:

Now, Bogus, wait a sec...you're back on, but haven't added pics to your thread about picking up someone at airport? Comeon Dude!

Now, Bogus, wait a sec...you're back on, but haven't added pics to your thread about picking up someone at airport? Comeon Dude!
I worked with her last night on her laptop... I am going to grab a pink org hoodie I have stashed at home (if I can find it) The girl was beat and had to do 2 shows.. figured she had enough abuse so we just sat around for a bit shooting the breeze while I worked.. I will get them however :)

I love the big planes... In Saudi we'd sit there and just watch the Earth Rotate under the C-5 Galaxies as they departed. They make a very cool growl, a sound that's pretty unique.
funny, I had the opposite reaction. Was thinking I haven't heard an engine quite like that in about 20 years. Western-built planes don't have that high whistle anymore since the Eurocrats started putting noise regs on aircraft engines. I wonder if operators of that Antonov need to get a waiver to fly in Europe (or the States).

Aside from the engines, I wonder how many runways can even support that beast. (she's also a beauty! :))

Back