The real reason for daylight savings time.....

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
Many people believe that daylight saving time was originated for farmers and school children, but that really isn't the case......
Daylight-saving time originated from energy conservation efforts of the First World War. Congress passed the Standard Time Act of 1918, and the extra hour of light remained in effect until the end of the war. The act also officially accepted today's geographical time zones originally established in 1883 by railroad companies to standardize their schedules. Before 1918, major cities and regions throughout the country set clocks according to astronomical conditions.
World War II saw the return of daylight-saving time, again for the purpose of conserving energy by extending the sunshine hours. After war's end, many states saw the light of advantage in continuing extra sunlight. To establish a nationwide continuity of time, Congress enacted the Uniform Time Act, which established a standard period for the conservation effort. The Uniform Time Act remained the same for 30 years until Congress and President Ronald Reagan passed an amendment in 1986 moving the start of the period from the last Sunday in April to the first Sunday. It was estimated in 1974 that daylight savings time helped to save more than 600,000 barrels of oil annually.

banner_Ron.jpg

thats some interesting stuff thanks

<!--EDIT|phatjoe
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082058094 -->

That is exactly right Thrasher. But if my memory would serve me right now. Isn't there a state and/or city out there that don't recognize Daylight Savings Time?
rock.gif
I remember reading about this a couple years back, but for the life of me can't remember shiat.

Brian

But if my memory would serve me right now. Isn't there a state and/or city out there that don't recognize Daylight Savings Time?
rock-gif.gif
I remember reading about this a couple years back, but for the life of me can't remember shiat.
In Canaduh we have 10 provinces,only one doesn't observe this Pagan ritual.

Rubb.

@RedBull
that is
funny
$hit .

:laugh:

Rubb .

660d83c7d42096efe474761845a89415.jpg

Back