The Org Family Travel Program...

I'm in.
When the toyhaulers home you can use it as an apartment.
NJ beach area. Between NYC and Alantic City.

This is a great idea. I'm doing the same thing on my Katana forum for parts and mechanics, but I agree with Scar. Discretion is very, very wise. Not sure how to vet something like this. All it would take is one jerk to ruin a good thing for everyone.

One thing we do over there is whenever someone plans a long-distance roadie, they post up the route and folks along the way post up available accommodations. Maybe something like that. Each time I rode to The Gap I had offers from every state where we had members. Never had to take advantage of them but it sure was nice to know they were there.

Last edited:
Please, if you want to be added PM the details to me so I can add it to the list. I will email the updates out to everyone on the list that also provides me an email address.

Also, if we can get verify a "Members Only" download, I will be happy to provide the spreadsheet for that purpose. Members that are willing to provide a phone number need to be provided some privacy from lurkers and banned personnel.

First I'd like to say thanks to Cabusagirl for taking the initiative, and risk, to propose this idea.

TruWrecks I appreciate your efforts to step up and help with the logistics of compiling, securing, and managing participants data.

There is an issue though with the proposed spreadsheet. I mention this because I'd like to see something like this work, but we'd need to ensure access to information is restricted.

If members have access to such a spreadsheet, and they were so inclined (keeping in mind it is obvious there is no psychological screening done before someone can achieve membership here...I got in), a relatively new member could easily obtain the "list" prior to proving themselves unworthy of continued membership. Now we have a banned member with personal information of the most generous among us. Doesn't seem like the outcome we're trying to achieve.

I am not interested in sharing certain personal information with just anyone who qualifies for membership here. How often do we see a spam post in the forums from someone with exactly one post? Too often, in my opinion. There is also a very, very small minority of members here to whom I would prefer not to extend information to, or invite into our home.

That written, we have space available for qualifying members traveling through the Greater Cincinnati area. "Qualifying" means someone has enough posts here that I can get a bit of an idea who we're opening our home to.

Member Name:
First Name:
City: Greater Cincinnati area. One mile from I-75.
State:
Bike Storage: Garage...can accomodate multiple bikes.
Boarding: Two bedrooms usually available, also finished basement with full bath.
Number of Nights: Situation dependent
Meals: Provided
Preferred Contact Method: PM
Phone Number: (Optional)

Last edited:
One thing that can be done if you don't know someone who asks to stop by is ask around using PMs. You can get feedback from several members that way before making your decision. I would do the same, and I would expect the same done to me if someone doesn't know me.

One thing that can be done if you don't know someone who asks to stop by is ask around using PMs. You can get feedback from several members that way before making your decision. I would do the same, and I would expect the same done to me if someone doesn't know me.

I would definitely ask about the village slinky before allowing them to stop by :poke: :rofl:

There is an issue though with the proposed spreadsheet. I mention this because I'd like to see something like this work, but we'd need to ensure access to information is restricted.

I understand the concerns. That is also why I asked for email addresses. For now I will only send the list to people who have provided my with an email, and that I have not seen any serious concern from on the forum. As more members provide greater details the spreadsheet will need to be secured even more.

I can encrypt it and hide fields if required. There is no way to secure it 100% and still share it with the participants. A balance will need to be achieved.

I would definitely ask about the village slinky before allowing them to stop by :poke: :rofl:

You might want to ask BA Busa or Revlis if I look suspicious falling down the stairs. :rofl:

P.S. I haven't fallen down the stairs since surgery, and I intend to keep it that way. :beerchug:

You might want to ask BA Busa or Revlis if I look suspicious falling down the stairs. :rofl:

P.S. I haven't fallen down the stairs since surgery, and I intend to keep it that way. :beerchug:

OMG...BA BUSA and Revlis for references...you are in trouble dood :rofl:

OK I don't have a spare room but I do Manage a Hotel In Tampa Florida and I could give rooms to You guys for $33.60 per night :whistle:
Rooms have Kitchen,with mini fridge,free calls in the USA free wifi No pets No smoking and Security on site and a special Place for your Busa to be safe :thumbsup:

Is that OK ???

you may wanna check references on the person you plan to stay with....especially if your female:rofl:

Back