The new mercedes-killer!

BigDiesel

Registered
here is the new bad-boy on the luxury-car block: Chrysler's 300c SRT-8.
6.1L Hemi makes 420hp 430ft-lbs. (factory specs)
0-60 in 4.7sec -1/4 mile in 13.4sec - Top speed 173mph

this car has everything-rain sensitive wipers, HID lamps, self-dimming mirrors, heated/power leather n suede seats, 20" rims w/Goodyear F1s, DVD Nav....the list is HUGE!!! all for WAY under 50 K!!!
and they make this motor in the Charger n Magnum too!

here's a pic with bigdiesel Jr hammin it up. will post better pic when it stops RAINING!!!! dammit
sad.gif

Rachel_carshow_020.jpg

Looks like fun! Enjoy!!! yeah, give us the Edmunds personal review after you get some seat time... or is it for the little woman?
biggrin.gif

she rides ok-for 20" rims with 245/45s n 255/45ZR20s in the rear...i was actually quite impressed. Cornering is just sick-sedans shod not be able to do what this thing does! N if you cancel the ESP traction assist, all i can say is WWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! its a friggin tail-waggin SOB, all day long. Steering is pretty sharp, so u can control it easily-this is my fiancee's new ride, I'll drive a lot (cuz she'd rather chill if i'm in the car too-better reflexes n eyesight) but I'm savin my pennies so mebbe next year I can get that V-10 Ram 4-door. U can put the starting line from an NBA team in there!!!! and a Busa in the back!
until then, I'll have to make do with this, a 99 Durango, and her '71 Chevelle for caged comfort. Oh well....
after we get the motor broken in, i know she'll wana hit the strip to see if she can make this thing do 13 sec quarters. Rest assured, the camcorder will be there to capture everything!

Dont get a SRT-10 they are dogs! They are sooo slow off the line it aint funny! Yess they have an amzing top speed but it takes them so damn long to get there....

I have ridden in one, and I have also raced one...I wiped its ass by almost 4 tenths of a second. I have a 2003 Lightning basically stock except for a 6 lb pulley, JDM exhaust, an air intake and a valve body....

Find a Ford Lightning...You will have 100 times the fun...

Nice ride Scott, fastest colour, not sure they do that size motor in Europe with fuel at 6 bucks/gal
biggrin.gif

Del, u guys pay $6/gal??!!! I'd been stowd away in the belly of sum frieghter bound for the US! No way could I live there-I do at least 150mi/week on the busa, but still put 200+ on the truck, or in her cars-that'd cost me like $120/week just for daily driving!!! and that's not including her weekly mileage! premium here right now (93 octane) is goin for $3.25...but it jumps up n down from there like .30-.40c all the time. Got the busa filled up the other day @ $2.95/gal w/premium.
The EPA says the SRT-8s get 12-15mpg city, n 20-22 freeway. But i had the car @idle for 5 minutes , and the trip computer said I lost 2 miles before tank would be empty-sitn @ idle!!
wow.gif

Del, u guys pay $6/gal??!!![/QUOTE]

Scott , the days of V8 have gone here in the old county, had to get rid of my V8 Landy and the wifes Range Rover last year  
sad.gif
 Now
just run oil burner. Tanked the Busa up last weekend $6.56/USgal (mind you the UK pound is strong at the moment) but still a f#§king rip off.
Was on holiday in Tererife (Tax free island off Africa) last week, hired a Wranger to see the island, $2.58/USgal sweet  
laugh.gif

enjoy that ride man, and take care  
biggrin.gif

Back