The issues of the world......

Not even close to infallible
That’s my experience
You use the duck analogy I counter with the book by it’s cover
In my experience, if someone looks capable, chances are they are.....I've spent a lifetime observing and employing some very tough individuals....the type you don't want to meet in a dark alley.......none of them sported a man-bun or man-purse or acted sub-servient.....

In my experience, if someone looks capable, chances are they are.....I've spent a lifetime observing and employing some very tough individuals....the type you don't want to meet in a dark alley.......none of them sported a man-bun or man-purse or acted sub-servient.....
I've spent a lifetime observing and learning as well. I've seen endless examples of someone not being what they appear, and also someone being way more than they appear to be. Different experiences you & I.

I've spent a lifetime observing and learning as well. I've seen endless examples of someone not being what they appear, and also someone being way more than they appear to be. Different experiences you & I.
I've been in combat and had my life in the hands of people I observed

.....so yes, different experiences....

Last edited:
Yes I know, and Rome was around for a long time before it became an empire too. Rome was a true republic up until the Caesar's, then it became an Empire. There was a point in the last century when historians believe America made this transition too. After 1945 some say, though some point to an earlier transition, back when the United States exercised significant control over Cuba, annexed Hawaii, and claimed Guam, Puerto Rico, and the Philippines as territories. Personally I think 1945 is more likely because that was when the US truly expanded it's influence globally and the $US became the world's reserve currency, a classic sign of the dominant empire.

I don't want to seem to be belaboring the point but the point is the "Dominant Empire" Such as Rome was, such as Britian was, as America is today, exerts an undue influence on the rest of the world. These ideas of gender and finance and whatever mostly had their roots in the Empire which for 80 years has controlled the thinking in the West. How many US TV shows did you grow up watching? That's cultural influence, and then for example, when the US went off the gold standard and onto a free floating currency because of the massive debts it was acruing all other nations followed suit. They had to to keep up, and because all major commodities are traded globally in $US. When the US health officals proclaimed lockdowns of society were deemed necessary due to the corona virus all other nations followed suit. Except for a few, like Sweden. The dominat Empire leads the way. We might think we are independent, but the state of our societies say otherwise. We have all the same problems because we are all following the same lead.

Not that I'm suggesting we would have done much better under another empire, all power driven empires go this way, Power generally corrupts as they say. But this Empire is running out of steam, Fast! And typically the way an Empire restores it's power base is War, all out War in this case probably.
I tend to look at these matters from a scientific perspective. Kind like of like one of our most prominent Physicists does. See linky below.

As a side note, we may ask why we have Chinese migrants trying to enter the US illegally through our porous borders? After all, they come from the second greatest world economy. How long before they no longer accept class differences and poverty? How long, before they stand up in mass against their government and system? How long before their labor will no longer be willing to work for less than $1.00 per hour? How long before they demand their right to choose as the people, rather than being dictated to?

Me too, but the years have erased a lot of traumatic bad memories. Probably because I always gave and sacrificed without expecting anything back. Unfortunately for a lot of people the world does not function that way.

I have been very active in competitive athletics my entire life though, and learnt the hard way to never underestimate someone by their looks.

Acknowledging the experience and the value of such, of others, is in my opinion, a form of respect. Different backrounds can make for different perspectives. Empathy for these differences is key.

Yeah, there are a couple here that can’t seem to take their uniforms off.
.........and yet in my civilian life, I wear no former insignia, uniform or anything that would indicate that I served....I have no veteran license plate either.

However, all of my adult life was spent in uniform so I have little else to reference when it comes to life experience.

Another issue I have seen lately is mainstream media is out of control......and are very much indebted to a narrative.....

I saw a headline today that read that a police officer shot an unarmed black man in the back.....this is a horrible thing to have happen to anyone.

Mainstream media is hell-bent on dividing races....the headline could have very easily not included the race of the person who was shot....

I've yet to see a headline that reads '"police officer shot an unarmed white man in the back"

I fail to see how color equates into these headlines other than creating division.

They create race division as well, I've seen all kinds of headlines that include races.....

Another issue I have seen lately is mainstream media is out of control......and are very much indebted to a narrative.....

I saw a headline today that read that a police officer shot an unarmed black man in the back.....this is a horrible thing to have happen to anyone.

Mainstream media is hell-bent on dividing races....the headline could have very easily not included the race of the person who was shot....

I've yet to see a headline that reads '"police officer shot an unarmed white man in the back"

I fail to see how color equates into these headlines other than creating division.

They create race division as well, I've seen all kinds of headlines that include races.....
Hi, That is what I am saying do we really know the true story. did the FBI start by going in or was it only the protesters for Trump?

Hi, That is what I am saying do we really know the true story. did the FBI start by going in or was it only the protesters for Trump?
True story of which?

The attack on the Capital?

That was all on video including the messages given by Trump to the protesters.

And those videos were a collection from various sources including individuals participating in the attack.

I don't doubt video from mains stream media but the written word is an issue.....

This goes both ways as well when mainstream media describes a crime being committed by a certain race.....a crime is a crime no matter what color the criminal is.

Hi.
True story of which?

The attack on the Capital?

That was all on video including the messages given by Trump to the protesters.

And those videos were a collection from various sources including individuals participating in the attack.

I don't doubt video from mains stream media but the written word is an issue.....

This goes both ways as well when mainstream media describes a crime being committed by a certain race.....a crime is a crime no matter what color the criminal is.
HI I just heard Trump Speech { I know that everyone will be marching to the Capitioll building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard} WOW that made me want to go in and kill everyone. NOT. That is free speech. If anyone does not think so maybe they should go to China or Iran.Biden got 80,000,000 votes Tru

p got 75,000,000 that is 155,000,00 + TOTAL VOTES.

Hi.

HI I just heard Trump Speech { I know that everyone will be marching to the Capitioll building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard} WOW that made me want to go in and kill everyone. NOT. That is free speech. If anyone does not think so maybe they should go to China or Iran.Biden got 80,000,000 votes Tru

Hi. I do nit know How that got broken up.

Hi.

Hi. I do nit know How that got broken up.
There are several threads and many hundreds of posts regarding Jan 6th and the election.....

I'm not really interested in going through all that here.....feel free to pop into those threads after re-reading them all and pose your questions there....

You will find most of it has been hashed and re-hashed to death....

What is simply amazing is we have anything in common on this board considering many of us come from different backgrounds, cultures, countries and experiences....

The hayabusa, and interest in bikes in general cross all social boundaries it seems. I was at a local market in the park the other day chatting with a guy about his ZX14, we had a long conversation, we'd met before, and he started it up to let me hear the sound of his Yoshimuras with baffles removed. I have the same pipes but with the baffles in. Quite a difference

I had complained about my sore leg and as we parted he invited me down to his "healing tent" but I'd let them pray from me once before and didn't want to waste my time again. His religion is some sort of radical pentacostalism and doesn't interest me, but he was a good bloke and our mutual love for powerful bikes unite us in friendship.

I tend to look at these matters from a scientific perspective. Kind like of like one of our most prominent Physicists does. See linky below.

As a side note, we may ask why we have Chinese migrants trying to enter the US illegally through our porous borders? After all, they come from the second greatest world economy. How long before they no longer accept class differences and poverty? How long, before they stand up in mass against their government and system? How long before their labor will no longer be willing to work for less than $1.00 per hour? How long before they demand their right to choose as the people, rather than being dictated to?

Well I do too, think of things from a scientific prospective, but that video discusses things straight out of Sci-Fi and with no empirical evidence to back it up, or even theoretical evidence. It's like commercial Fusion power, the technology, as some say, that is 10 years in the future and always will be. I don't believe in the star-trek future myself, though I admit anything is possible, but because womankind expends all it's effort on War I think it far more likely we'll simply enter another collapse and darkage when the oil runs out. But we all have our beliefs hey.

As for the Chinese people's and their propensity to overthrow their systems of government I agree. They have a long history of that. Have you read about the ‘lying flat’ movement that's standing in the way of China’s innovation drive?

While staying in Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam, he had an epiphany after seeing groups of old men gathered in a nearby bar just relaxing, chatting and watching football for hours at a time. His mind kept returning to them. Why couldn't he be just like them - just relax and lie flat? And so he did just that. He returned home and quit his job - one of many Chinese citizens who have either resigned, or scaled back their commitment to work in the last two years.
CHINESE lying flat or tang ping.jpg

The idea of 'lying flat', or tang ping in Chinese, means taking a break from relentless work. The tang ping movement took off during 2021 as many felt they were coming under increasing pressure to work even harder and out perform their peers.

China’s defeated youth

china toil-s.jpg

I've just read that the Canadian government has been changing all their official documents to make them gender neutral and inclusive to the point of removing the term "pregnant woman" and inserting "pregnant person/person with a uterus" and removing "mother and father" from documents and inserting "parent or partner" in their place...

Much of the wording in governmental documents were derived from the Christian bible but that is being removed as there are many Canadians who do not follow Christianity.......Canada (and many other western countries) were founded on Christianity which is seemingly being cancelled out.

I found it to be interesting

It won't be that long that Christian holiday seasons such as Christmas and Easter are minimalized to obscurity.....

I've noted that St Patrick's Day has been minimalized to obscurity already...I remember big parades and festivities surrounding this day but that is no more.......it comes and goes like any other day now.

I really noted this while searching for a St Patrick's Day card for my sister's birthday.....after a long search I found a store that had 8 St Patrick's Day cards....and that was it. I asked a salesperson and she said that's all they get now as nobody generally sends cards for St Patrick's Day....

I've just read that the Canadian government has been changing all their official documents to make them gender neutral and inclusive to the point of removing the term "pregnant woman" and inserting "pregnant person/person with a uterus" and removing "mother and father" from documents and inserting "parent or partner" in their place...
I just took your lead and had a very serious discussion with my two boys:
This is what I said:

"Guys, from here onwards, if you bark about gender, you may only bark DOG, BITCH is no longer allowed to feature in any of your barks. If you don't listen, no more treats. From this moment onwards, there are only DOGS."

As you can see, they listen well.

Dogs.jpeg

Back