The Good, The Bad & The ugly

Glad you made it through..If anyone had seen the bike before you ...they wouldnt have thought you would have been that lucky! Hope you get well and bakc in the saddle soon brother.

Russ Wow! you were right, Oh My Oh My! that don't look too good at all. If I saw pics like that of someone else's bike I'd expect them to have sustained much more serious injury than I recieved. I feel really fortunate that I didn't get hurt any worse than I did cause I'm well aware of what the possibilities are. Also once again I cannot emphasize enough how strongly I feel about how the proper gear can and will prevent some serious injuries in the case of an accident, all my gear did exactly what it was designed to do, prevent serious injury to the wearer, please gear up properly folks.

So fellow orgsters I previously thought that I'd restore my beloved 05 but seriously she looks like toast, I only carried PL/PD on her so the damage is not covered. I'm curious as to what others might do if they were in this situation. I imagine it's gonna cost me 300-500 to get it from the tow co and at this point I think All she might be worth is selling the engine on ebay or something. I'm thinking it's just gonna cost too much to fix her compared to what I can get a replacement for, what are your thoughts on this?

Once again a big heart felt thanks to all, thank you to those who didn't even know me and still went looking for me, thanks to all the well wishes and encouraging replies, thanks to all the help and phone calls and offers of help, thank you all, you have touched my heart and I sincerely appreciate it.

Last edited:
I am Totally Sorry Gene............I sincerely thought you were at the Bottom of the Hill with the Rest of the Gang or I would have turned around Also. I Feel Bad .....:down:

If there is ANYTHING you Need I am There BROTHER !!!!!!!!!!!!

I am Totally Sorry Gene............I sincerely thought you were at the Bottom of the Hill with the Rest of the Gang or I would have turned around Also. I Feel Bad .....:down:

If there is ANYTHING you Need I am There BROTHER !!!!!!!!!!!!

Robert no sweat man, I realize that you had no idea that anything had happened. I was gonna rib ya on it like "ya ok I see how you are now, just leave a fallen brother behind":rofl: but I didn't want to take a chance of you takin it the wrong way, very easy for that to happen on an internet forum, all is good brother, be safe.:thumbsup:

Yup I was at the bottom of the hill allrighty.

Last edited:
Robert no sweat man, I realize that you had no idea that anything had happened. I was gonna rib ya on it like "ya ok I see how you are now, just leave a fallen brother behind":rofl: but I didn't want to take a chance of you takin it the wrong way, very easy for that to happen on an internet forum, all is good brother, be safe.:thumbsup:

Yup I was at the bottom of the hill allrighty.

I would have Ribbed Me Anyways:laugh:............You Know I Never Take things Personally :whistle:

"Bottom of the Hill" Bad Choice of Words :spank:

WOW! good to hear your basically ok.

Kind of hard to tell from the pics, but the busa doesn't look to bad.

Like I said befor,I'm so glad ur okay.. That matters most.. And for the riders who went back to find you and help you, and stayed with you and the bike, You cant ask for better friends,riders.. You guys are the best,just the best for helping out a rider down.. Much love to all of you..Ride safe

ButtHead, Yeah, thanks for helping out a rider down. Your the best, a true friend who cares about his fellow riders.. Your a great guy for staying with him,and his bike.. Your just the best guy.. Much love to ya ,and ride safe guy...

GENE-O!!!! Whoa! What a ride! I am so relieved you are still with else... I have seen much less of a crash and the rider was a goner.

Here's to a speedy recovery :beerchug:

When your up and around I have a few suggestions for the what to do with the Bike.

Kent

Last edited:
Gene...good talking with you this morning.

I'll ring you again after work. :bowdown:

Sorry about the busa, but glad you can post up. Busa insured? Let us know what we can do to help get you going when the time is right.

Gene i just found about what happened and im so very sorry my friend and very thankfull you werent hurt much worse...you sure have a good attitude about it though, i dont think i would have been able to take it so well as you, your a real trooper and i truly hope when the time is right to get back on the horse you let me know what i can do to help a brother:bowdown:

man, i'm glad you "dodged that bullet" and sorry about your bike, but those are replaceable, not you. :thumbsup: take it easy for a little while and regroup.

Gene, dude I am sorry you went down but sure am glad your not hurt to bad. Your a good guy and I hope you get well soon and replace your fallen horse so we can ride again.

In the meantime relax and heal up, enjoy some down time and don't stress over the incident, things happen. We have all been down or are going to go down and some point the important thing is your alive and if you so choose can ride another day. :please:

:beerchug:

Just found out(thanks Robert) Gene I am so glad your alive as this brings back some of my own resent memories, It almost makes me ill thinking about it. Call me, Ill PM you my number. Bill

2-10-08 006.jpg

Back