The clutch looks good.

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
I got into the clutch tonight. I had a mechanic friend and another buddy to help, along with Gixerhp over the phone. My mechanic friend doesnt think the Knock is in the crank or any other fatal areas, which is good.
The bad news, the clutch looks perfect. No signs of wear, breakage or any other bad things. The steels and fibers look almost brand new due to my girly riding:laugh:

So, I dont hear the knock at start up, nor within 5 min of riding after warming up another 5 min.
The clutch seems fine, no signs of anything wrong, broke, or moving improperly.
Ive got a leak from somewhere, truley have no clue where, Ill post the pics from my phone in the next comment. The clutch cover doesnt look damaged, gonna ride more and see if anything else seeps out.
Nothing noted in the oil, Got a vibration over 5k, gonna install new sprockets and chain along with new tires front and rear with the factory arm and see if that helps, I just wanna rule out everything I can.

Idk where to go from here, just gonna ride it and see what happens unlessi get a new direction to troubleshoot. Hopefully I can get it down to the Bash and just give it to Gixerhp and watch him fix it in 7 min in his trailer-O-magic....:please:

Ideas welcome guys:thumbsup:

Oil from nowhere. :banghead:
ForumRunner_20120317_025200.png

Smellphone via Forum Runner

ForumRunner_20120317_025200.png

Oil from nowhere. :banghead:
View attachment 242128
Smellphone via Forum Runner

Frog,
To me that's just looks like transfer from the piece of foam padding on the back of fairing to keep it off the clutch cover. Possibly just from a little bobble or slip when putting oil in and it just got soaked up by the foam before being wiped off. ??? And since it's on the back side of fairing there's no way to see it or get to it without fairing being off.

Just a thought.

check the crank balancer if you took pan off. they can cause a low end clunk..

Back