the busa

race1gun

Donating Member
Registered
i was just wondering ?? sometimes the busa seems to buzz and creak and it just doesnt seem solid
rock.gif
?? could this be my wind shield??? it doesnt happen all the time tho
rock.gif
? wierd just wanted to know if any others have had this
rock.gif
lol last ride i took it just seemed to creak rattle and buzz down the road lol it could be all that torque screaming to get out ..

rock.gif

rock.gif

My windscreen rattles a little.. if you are cruising and you hear the rattle, put your hand on the windscreen. if it goes away, wallah! I plan on taking the windscreen off and putting something, maybe RTV, on the edges that slide into the body. Let it dry and then reinstall it.

Aftermarket windscreens tend to rattle. Like Turbo said, put your hand on it and see if it stops. I had to put some foam-cushiony-door-sealer-stuff on my screen to stop it.

foam-cushy-door-sealer-stuff
laugh.gif
blush.gif
I'm sorry, I'm very sleepy and you're killing me.

You know I'm kidding and thanks for helping shake-rattle-buzz-and roll
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

(dadofthree @ Jul. 10 2007,09:11) foam-cushy-door-sealer-stuff  
laugh.gif

blush.gif
I'm sorry, I'm very sleepy and you're killing me.

You know I'm kidding and thanks for helping shake-rattle-buzz-and roll  
laugh.gif
Are you stalking me?
smileyexhibit.gif

Hey, I'm happy to help you start your day with a laugh.. at least I'm good for something!
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

(LadyHawk @ Jul. 10 2007,09:04) Aftermarket windscreens tend to rattle. Like Turbo said, put your hand on it and see if it stops. I had to put some foam-cushiony-door-sealer-stuff on my screen to stop it.
Where did you put this foam cushy door sealer stuff? on the inner edge of the windscreen and then tucked it into the plastics and bolted on?

(TurboSN95 @ Jul. 10 2007,09:17)
(LadyHawk @ Jul. 10 2007,09:04) Aftermarket windscreens tend to rattle. Like Turbo said, put your hand on it and see if it stops. I had to put some foam-cushiony-door-sealer-stuff on my screen to stop it.
Where did you put this foam cushy door sealer stuff?  on the inner edge of the windscreen and then tucked it into the plastics and bolted on?
Yep. When you take the windscreen out, you should see marks where it's been vibrating. Mine was on the bottom of the screen, on that little lip. My foamy-cushy-door-sealer-stuff has the tape on one side, so I just put that on, re-installed the screen, and bolted it down.

I did have to push some of the foam in with a small screwdriver as it was a tight fit.

Good to go, tho!
smile.gif

Is that the technical install version? Or simple English for us simple minded kinds?
rock.gif

(BusaBret @ Jul. 10 2007,09:23) Is that the technical install version? Or simple English for us simple minded kinds?
rock.gif
Uhhhh... any simpler and I'd have to just do it for you!
laugh.gif

That is as technical as I get at 9am.
tounge.gif

Electrical tape along the edge also does a good job, but it is not fun to say at all!
biggrin.gif

Back