tank protection

PDBusa

who, me?
Donating Member
Registered
I started noticing small scratches in my tank from knees after using a new auto polish. The polish was Glare and it has "glassplexin" in it. I think that's what was causing the micro scratches from rubbing against it. They waxed out easily but looked like crap until done so. I purchased a tankslapper kit and installed today. I only put on the side pieces and it was very easily done. Adheres to tank by static only, no glue or adhesives. Have no idea how it will hold up but it sure looks good. Uh, well for invisible anyway.

<!--EDIT|PDBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138732623 -->

tankslapper_003.jpg

Good product, although I read here somewhere that it doesn't look very good on blue (I think that was the color). It's practically invisible on my silver/gray.

I have an '02 black/blue and it is pretty much invisible on both colors. I saw that post too and didn't understand what they meant.

I have used it for years. On bright yellow, blue, silver. nearly invisible on all colors.

My suggestion. Get some more tank slapper by the sheet. not the optional 3m stuff just tank slapper.

Put some on the bottom on your undertail. makes clean up a sinch. Put some on the main side panels left and right down in the lower corners and a piece on the black plastic 1/2 circle directly behind the front wheel under the oil cooler. These are all high dirt areas and /or high rock chip areas.

JD

Back