Tank Bags

shenoyp

Hayabusa Master Jedi
Donating Member
Registered
Hi,

I'm still waiting for my dealer to gimme my busa... and its very very frustrating
mad.gif

I plan to do some extended journeys once my busa arrives... My Question, How are these "Tank Bags" ??

a) Do they obstruct view while riding??
b) Will they end up putting scratches on my tank?
c) I plan to have a pillion rider along with me... so if you feel tank bags are not a good idea, whats a good way to haul luggage on long trips??!!

Thanks for all the replies... in advance
smile.gif

I have a joe rocket tank bag (magnetic) Took it cross country no scratches just make sure that the inside is clean when you put them on . I also used joe rocket side saddle bags I used my towel against the side so it wouldn't rub . 8500 miles in a month with no problems.

I too also have a joe rocket, and used just about everyday for getting groceries and going on trips.
I dont have a single scratch from the bag!

Just make sure that tank and the bottom of the bag are clean and you should not have any problems.
wink.gif

I have two magnetic tank bags, one ICON and one from Japan.
They don't hold much, so depending on the length of your trip you will probably need saddle bags as well. I've done a little better than 125 with my tank bag on and it was no problem - depending on the magnets, just don't let them slap the tank and make sure there's no dirt or grit between them and the tank.....work's great lasts long time.

If you are interested, this link goes back to an earlier post (about sporttech V-Flow windscreens) but I posted a few pics with my ICON tank bag. Just scroll about half way down:

I have a FieldSheer tank bag that I haven't used yet, but agree that you need to make sure it is clean. GIVI also makes a popular one.

Nothing but praise for my Joe Rocket as well. It's tall, but doesn't affect vision at all  as you Can see from the photo...

www.warrenbrown.com images missing

Have a magnetic Teknic tank bag. Holds alot, is expandable, all around great tank bag. Saddle bags work great also.

Picture_071.jpg

Thanks for all the replies and pictures guys
smile.gif

BLKBLU04, Can I put those saddle bags and go two up
rock.gif

Definately, my wife and I do alot of two up touring. She says its pretty comfortable, but I plan on getting Corbin seats with a back rest in the future to make it even better.
biggrin.gif
Gotta love this bike for touring, its comfortable and fast. Oh,did I mention that it was fast!!!!
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|BLKBLU04
Reason for Edit: None given...|1107118781 -->

I have Nelson Rigg "Fibertech" series MG-950 Pro Magnetic Tank Bag and SSB-500 Pro Sphere Expandable Saddle Bags. The CMB-300 Pro Magnetic Tank Bag is expandable and larger than mine. These will not scratch up your bike. The SSB-500 Pro Sphere Expandable Saddle Bags are the largest sport bike saddle bags I was able to find, they are really good quality and come with protective back pad to prevent scratching your bike. Check them out at www.nelsonrigg.com.

Love my tank bag....best "mod" yet...

holds plenty of necessities......running clothes...water bottle
maps...etc..

coolingtowers.jpg

I have a Maasee magnetic bag, it's been on the bike just about 10,000 miles no problems and I'm only 5'8" doesn't get in the way. Keep it clean and you will have no problems. Watch out for zippers and buttons on jackets as you lean forward, cover the tank near the seat somehow.

I have a Maasee Tank bag and Tour Master saddle bags. If your worried about your tank or dash view, go with the Tour Master CarbonTech saddle bags. They won't be in the way when you have a passenger.
beerchug.gif

Back