Tall Enough?

Welcome.........lot's a good info here..................
super.gif

Yeah, I have sat on a few at the dealership. I can get the ball of my left foot on the ground well enough to keep the bike veritcal on a stop. Generally speaking, when I'm riding or at stoplights, my right foot never comes off the peg, so it's not THAT big of a deal. However, it would be nice to get the other foot on the ground at least. ;-)

As for backing it up, heck, I've never been able to back up any of my Katanas while I was on it, so I'm used to that.

I wonder if the dealership would have the rear dogbones and tripple tree bushings that Shibumi mentioned... hmm. If they don't, is there any way to lower it right out of the crate?

Hey, someone also mentioned that lowering it would cut some of the agility out of the bike. How noticable is it? Same turning radius?

(LotsaCabo @ Oct. 23 2006,11:00) I wonder if the dealership would have the rear dogbones and tripple tree bushings that Shibumi mentioned... hmm.  If they don't, is there any way to lower it right out of the crate?

Hey, someone also mentioned that lowering it would cut some of the agility out of the bike.  How noticable is it?  Same turning radius?
Prolly not, but you can get them from several people on the board and have them ready to put on immediately.
Lowerering affects ground clearance, and limits your lean angle, but it is still manageable.

My Busa's been lowered 2 inches in the front and 2 inches in the rear...no handling issues at all; I just try to remember to stand on the pegs when I go over speed bumps or it'll bottom out...

I'm 5'7", had to lower it to flat foot the bike and after dropping it in my driveway...not a single problem in the 3 years since...  
beerchug.gif

Well, I do believe I'm getting a bit closer.

Just called the dealership. Service recommended the following...

... lowering links in the back
... MaxTech triple clamp (PN 218-1303) in the front
... rewelding the stand to shave an inch or so off
... dropping it 2"

Total price for this mod: $650

Any thoughts? They stock everything and can have it ready by the weekend.

(P.S. Anyone know of the site for MaxTech? I'd like to see the Busa tripple clamp.)

I had a performance shop lower mine; cost me under $200...

I won't say don't cut the stand, but I never have...any guy with a welder can probably help you with the stand...
smile.gif

Seems a little high for lowering it.. look around here for the parts. I bet you could do it for less than $200. And I wouldn't cut the kickstand, just do the kickstand mod.

I own a welder so I cut and rewelded the kick stand myself......I bought the Soupy links and his risers for under $120....took longer messing with the kickstand than it did installing the risers and links.

DSCN0056.jpg

My dad is 71, 5'6" with a very short inseam. I think 28" inseam on his pants still need to be hemmed. We had Tobin do his seats, lowered the forks 1/4" and he is now flatfooted with none of the compromises that come from lowering the bike. I'm sure you will be fine.

Back