Swing arm extension removal - gen2

tuees

Registered
Hi everyone,
My 2017 busa has swing arm extensions and I need some suggestions how to remove them since I am having problems riding it on twisty roads. I have posted couple of pics below. Please let me know if you can share some pointers?

Regards.

B7C5195E-55A6-41A7-99FB-3FA19D48BE3E.jpeg

E517725D-1EBB-40BA-BE2D-2BCE381691A6.jpeg

Shouldn’t be that much of a turning issue. The real issue is if you’re lowered too much.

Shouldn’t be that much of a turning issue. The real issue is if you’re lowered too much.
I bought like this. Do you know how can I check if bike was lowered?
Also, do you see any issue with this swing arm extensions from safety point of view?

ANSWER A FEW QUESTIONS FOR US !

1 ) HOW HEAVY IS YOUR COMBO ?

2 ) HOW MANY TOOL DO YOU HAVE ?

3 ) WHEN DID YOU START RIDING BIKES ?

4 ) THE YEAR & WHERE YOU WERE BORN ?

200.gif

shortening up the wheelbase will not make you a better rider ~ please take the rider awareness course to save your life *

Last edited:
I bought like this. Do you know how can I check if bike was lowered?
Also, do you see any issue with this swing arm extensions from safety point of view?
I ran mine with zero issues. Drag raced and all. I also had two chains so I could go from extended to stock if I wanted.

ANSWER A FEW QUESTIONS FOR US !

1 ) HOW HEAVY IS YOUR COMBO ?

2 ) HOW MANY TOOL DO YOU HAVE ?

3 ) WHEN DID YOU START RIDING BIKES ?

4 ) THE YEAR & WHERE YOU WERE BORN ?

View attachment 1647198
shortening up the wheelbase will not make you a better rider ~ please take the rider awareness course to save your life *
Are you saying it’s not a problem to ride bike in twists (at 45 degree angles or less) with swing arm extensions and it is just skill how to ride on such corners? Don’t you think such long swing arms cause handling issues on turns?

Are you saying it’s not a problem to ride bike in twists (at 45 degree angles or less) with swing arm extensions and it is just skill how to ride on such corners? Don’t you think such long swing arms cause handling issues on turns?

The longer the wheelbase, the less cornering ability you have.
Put a good rider on a bike, let them run a route a few times, get an average.
Put the same rider on the same bike, only stretched, and they will be slower.
The stretch And the effected suspension/handling slows you down.
Facts are facts.
Stretches are for straight lines.
If you want to corner, go back to stock length, and get your suspension sag set up for Your weight, including gear.
If you're over 200lbs, you'll need new fork springs.
From there, with good tires and psi and good brakes, and the Busa is an Excellent knee dragging corner carver:beerchug:

Actually, I was thinking on same lines. I’ve asked my friend (who is experienced rider) to take my bike on the twists and share his feedback for handling.

No, how that may help in this situation?
The chain is too long, and you nee the OEM parts to put it back to stock lenght. You seam to not be qualified to to this. You should seek Professional help to get it done

Ride over to my place . . .

I will shorten her ~ wheelbase for you !

Ride over to my place . . .

I will shorten her ~ wheelbase for you !
Where are you located. I am based in Portland Oregon :)

Does anyone have suggestions for replacement chain adjuster / slider blocks. I am also looking to remove my extensions.

Back