Suzuki OEM Double Bubble Windscreen

RussellJ

Rick Rollin'
Registered
I had a double bubble winscreen but after braking it due to crappy aluminum bolts stripping out badly I had to get a new one. Found this baby on ebay and snagged it up for about 34 bucks :thumbsup:

From an older thread, looks like you can pick it up for 40 plus shipping on another website:
Hayabusa Windshield GSX1300 1997-2007 ---CLOSEOUT--- :: Suzuki Hayabusa :: Street & SuperSport :: www.oneidasuzuki.com

I have no pics of it on the bike as of yet because I did not snap any today but I definitely will tomorrow! It is much better quality than whatever the previous owner had put on it before. Much thicker and taller than my old double bubble. Very very nice! :thumbsup: Rode with it for a bit today and Im very happy with it over my last one

Cant confirm this but I heard these may be manufactured by Puig? Like i said not confirmed but rumor I have heard

Pic Today

IMAG0136.jpg

Looks good.. do they come in smoke?

It is smoke just cant tell much from the pictures because of the sunlight. Its not super dark though just a light smoke. I wanted something i could tuck in and see through unlike my old one :poke:

This windscreen is very nice. Best thing is you can read your gauges!

If you're buying from Oneida, consider buying the Busa center stand. Oneida has the best price I found for the center stand. And while you're at it, get a Suzuki oil filter and filter wrench. Very good prices.

Hi,

I know this is a old thread. But I just got a Gen 1 Busa and my windscreen mount is cracked. How did these windscreens hold up ? And hows this "oneidasuzuki" site, anyone order any other items from them ? Thanks in advance if anyone sees this.

Hi,

I know this is a old thread. But I just got a Gen 1 Busa and my windscreen mount is cracked. How did these windscreens hold up ? And hows this "oneidasuzuki" site, anyone order any other items from them ? Thanks in advance if anyone sees this.
Check the thickness of the screen , Suzuki screens are approximately 2.7 mm in thickness along leading edge from centre tab to screw ports ,anything thicker will create tension where it fits in and possible over tightening

Different brands of windshield fit differently. The windshield should fit fairly loose. If it buzzes, you can wrap a layer of black tape around the base of the windshield where it slides into the slot in the fairing to stop the plastic on plastic buzz. But done try toover tighten the bolts, they are designed to allow the screen to "float". Too tight and it will crack, I know! Also many screens don't fit too well at first. The Punig is my favorite for looks but the 2 I have purchased fit poorly. I tightened the first one to try and pull it into place and it cracked on the second ride when a rock hit it. The second one resized itself over time and the fit sort of adjusted itself out.

Back