Suzuki Fans

All my local dealers are pricing themselves out of getting my business too. When I can order things online and have them shipped to my door for less than half price, I can't justify spending my money locally. And when they act like complete jerks, and treat me like an idiot, I wouldn't spend my money in their shop if they were the last shop in the state.

I am not saying that a guy should buy overpriced items or only do business with a dealer. What I am saying is that if they are comparable on pricing do some business with a dealer. There is very little mark up in motorcycles and huge overhead, accessories,helmets,shop labor is where they make their money and how they keep their doors open so we can purchase new motorcycles from them. There are plenty of Suzuki dealers that do business online if your local dealer is a #%$%#^.

All my local dealers are pricing themselves out of getting my business too. When I can order things online and have them shipped to my door for less than half price, I can't justify spending my money locally. And when they act like complete jerks, and treat me like an idiot, I wouldn't spend my money in their shop if they were the last shop in the state.

+ 1

My dealer is has this one guy in parts that isn't a total jerk. The rest of them suck. I only go there for little OEM bits and pieces that I need immediately. The Honda dealer next door was infinitely better when I had my 919. I drove 1300 miles round trip to buy my Busa from a dealer in FL. I'm going on a 1000 mile trip to northern Indiana pretty soon, just to get a good ECU Flash and tune from a straight shooter.

I'll hit the road for good service any day.

Oh I support Suzuki, but the service at my local dealer leaves alot to be desired. I will not buy another bike from them nor take my bikes to them for service. They could care less if I come in there and I have tried repeatedly with the same results to give em, "one more chance". Not happening again my friend. I will support Suzuki by purchasing parts from them, through board sponsors or other dealers as I need them, but until dealers realize that repeat business and a worthwhile service department(who does not take a 10 mile test ride) after changing the oil, pays the bills. I wish I had the money, I would buy them out and run it right.

+1,000,000
Couldn't have said it better myself ! 10 mile test ride + grease on my seat (hey thanx) ! Coming up for 1st service, I'd rather do it myself & take the loss of warranty risk than hand over the love of my life for 2 minutes to those mongrels.
It is obviously a Global problem, dealers need to wake up to themselves b4 they go the way of the dinosaur like music artists & photo development labs. Technology is here and they could be next & I personally would not shed a tear !

+1,000,000
Couldn't have said it better myself ! 10 mile test ride + grease on my seat (hey thanx) ! Coming up for 1st service, I'd rather do it myself & take the loss of warranty risk than hand over the love of my life for 2 minutes to those mongrels.
It is obviously a Global problem, dealers need to wake up to themselves b4 they go the way of the dinosaur like music artists & photo development labs. Technology is here and they could be next & I personally would not shed a tear !

And when they do are you going to have your next new bike shipped from Japan to your house.:poke:

Went to my dealer today here is how it went, I walked in looked around (the new Gladius is cool in person) the owner was setting at a sales table with a customer when he sees me he gives me a nod I walk to the counter to purchase a baklava and a face mask the parts girl is on the phone I am there less than a minute and the owner who has now finished with the aforementioned customer comes to the part counter and apologizes twice for my wait (of one whole minute) asked me how I was and handled the transaction himself. By this time one of the Service guys recognized me and ask how I was liking the busa (very nice kid) we had a short conversation about how the busa is the end all be all and I left. This is how it is every time I am there they are great guys to deal with.

Went to my dealer today here is how it went, I walked in looked around (the new Gladius is cool in person) the owner was setting at a sales table with a customer when he sees me he gives me a nod I walk to the counter to purchase a baklava and a face mask the parts girl is on the phone I am there less than a minute and the owner who has now finished with the aforementioned customer comes to the part counter and apologizes twice for my wait (of one whole minute) asked me how I was and handled the transaction himself. By this time one of the Service guys recognized me and ask how I was liking the busa (very nice kid) we had a short conversation about how the busa is the end all be all and I left. This is how it is every time I am there they are great guys to deal with.

Its not like that at every dealership if so there would be a lot more positive responses, I called my local dealership who I have been buying odds and ends with for the past 3 years, long story short I hooked them up with some cell phones at a discount, I called about pricing for chrome rims $675 plus mounting and balancing an extra $150, he said this is the best he can do, so I strapped up the busa and took her to Augusta Ga and got my rims put on for $675 out the door and he even through in a shifter boot! I drove 3 hours one way because they wanted my business and they took care of me! Thanks Patricks Customs!

Its not like that at every dealership if so there would be a lot more positive responses, I called my local dealership who I have been buying odds and ends with for the past 3 years, long story short I hooked them up with some cell phones at a discount, I called about pricing for chrome rims $675 plus mounting and balancing an extra $150, he said this is the best he can do, so I strapped up the busa and took her to Augusta Ga and got my rims put on for $675 out the door and he even through in a shifter boot! I drove 3 hours one way because they wanted my business and they took care of me! Thanks Patricks Customs!

I did not read where they were a-holes, they just could not meet your price. I don't expect every body to buy every thing from the dealer thats not what I am saying just buy what you can there providing their prices are decent. Buy an oil filter some plugs some small stuff, every little bit helps.

I was at a Yamaha Dealership in ARK. the other day, I went in to see the V-Max, They didnt have one in stock and said they only ordered them when someone purchased one, Thought it was kind of odd, I really wanted to see one. anyway I stood and talked with this guy for about 30 to 45 min about various bikes and my Busa and VTX, He wanted to know as much about them as I wanted to know about there bikes. Really Really nice guy.

Just before I left it was brought up he was originally from Tulsa OK. when I asked him what brought him to ARK. he said ( I bought this Dealership ) all the time I was talking with the owner. Cool guy.

I do like the people at my Local Suzuki Dealership, I just dont like there prices.

I was at a Yamaha Dealership in ARK. the other day, I went in to see the V-Max, They didnt have one in stock and said they only ordered them when someone purchased one, Thought it was kind of odd, I really wanted to see one. anyway I stood and talked with this guy for about 30 to 45 min about various bikes and my Busa and VTX, He wanted to know as much about them as I wanted to know about there bikes. Really Really nice guy.

Just before I left it was brought up he was originally from Tulsa OK. when I asked him what brought him to ARK. he said ( I bought this Dealership ) all the time I was talking with the owner. Cool guy.

I do like the people at my Local Suzuki Dealership, I just dont like there prices.

The vmax is special order only. If you find one at the dealer, it is Sold.

They are nice as pie till you sign (get your $$$), then they dont seem to have the time to help you put the bike on the trailer out the front (if that were the case).
I once bought a new bike from a dealer $12,000 after the deal was done asked him if he could chuck in a can of chain lube with the bike, his response "I did you such a gun deal on the bike I've just got no room to move there", Hmmm $6 chain lube.
Whats that address for Japan direct ?

They are nice as pie till you sign (get your $$$), then they dont seem to have the time to help you put the bike on the trailer out the front (if that were the case).
I once bought a new bike from a dealer $12,000 after the deal was done asked him if he could chuck in a can of chain lube with the bike, his response "I did you such a gun deal on the bike I've just got no room to move there", Hmmm $6 chain lube.
Whats that address for Japan direct ?

I repeat find a different dealer, I rode mine home it was 34 deg and raining my dealer pleaded with me to let his guys load my bike up in my truck as it was miserable outside and offered to loan me straps. As for free stuff it adds up you loose the initial investment any profit and have to restock the item so that $6.00 chain lube is now $10.00 bucks from the already meager profit which has to pay the bills, the employees, the insurance, the owners bills ect. ect.

Last edited:
I repeat find a different dealer, I rode mine home it was 34 deg and raining my dealer pleaded with me to let his guys load my bike up in my truck as it was miserable outside and offered to loan me straps. As for free stuff it adds up you loose the initial investment any profit and have to restock the item so that $6.00 chain lube is now $10.00 bucks from the already meager profit which has to pay the bills, the employees, the insurance, the owners bills ect. ect.

How much do you suppose that dealer spent on advertising just to get a guy in the door? Then when they make a sale, isn't it worth the $6.00 can of lube (that the dealer probably has more like $2.00 in) to keep a customer? Little things like that will make a guy go elsewhere, or make him your friend for life. Every good salesman I've ever seen ALWAYS makes sure that he "gives" you something.

When I bought my 08, I went to all of the dealers within 100 miles of me. I asked them all what their bottom dollar was, some of them wouldn't even give me a price! I finally made my best deal at a dealer about 90 miles from me, I then went to my two closest dealers asking them if they could even get close to that deal, so I could deal with one that was close by. They acted like I was lying to them or something, one of them wouldn't even come off the sticker price! I went and bought the bike, and the first ride I took was to both of those dealers. I bought an oil filter at one and oil at the other. I made sure the sales guys saw that I spent $10 at their store and spent $10,000 somewhere else.

How much do you suppose that dealer spent on advertising just to get a guy in the door? Then when they make a sale, isn't it worth the $6.00 can of lube (that the dealer probably has more like $2.00 in) to keep a customer? Little things like that will make a guy go elsewhere, or make him your friend for life. Every good salesman I've ever seen ALWAYS makes sure that he "gives" you something.

When I bought my 08, I went to all of the dealers within 100 miles of me. I asked them all what their bottom dollar was, some of them wouldn't even give me a price! I finally made my best deal at a dealer about 90 miles from me, I then went to my two closest dealers asking them if they could even get close to that deal, so I could deal with one that was close by. They acted like I was lying to them or something, one of them wouldn't even come off the sticker price! I went and bought the bike, and the first ride I took was to both of those dealers. I bought an oil filter at one and oil at the other. I made sure the sales guys saw that I spent $10 at their store and spent $10,000 somewhere else.

some of them wouldn't even give me a price!

Thats coz they wanna get to physically come into the shop, size you up, check out how keen or how stupid you are, or both,see how they can manipulate you. I have dealt with all the dealers within 100 miles of me & I have nothing but contempt for all of them.

Oh I support Suzuki, but the service at my local dealer leaves alot to be desired. I will not buy another bike from them nor take my bikes to them for service. They could care less if I come in there and I have tried repeatedly with the same results to give em, "one more chance". Not happening again my friend. I will support Suzuki by purchasing parts from them, through board sponsors or other dealers as I need them, but until dealers realize that repeat business and a worthwhile service department(who does not take a 10 mile test ride) after changing the oil, pays the bills. I wish I had the money, I would buy them out and run it right.

Great product, but agree with James on support. It's a USA thing though, I had excellent support overseas from Suzuki. I guess it's all about finding a dealer who is passionate about the product.

My second bike is a Husqvarna and I was advised not to buy it, as there are no dealers within 400 miles from where I live. I deal with George in CA 1,700 miles away, can call him anytime on the phone, he will tell me exactly what to do. Sends me parts, tells me to send a check once I get the delivery with the invoice. Last time I spoke with him, he was working on a wire and a plug whith a USB connection, so he can program your ECU while connected online. He lives Husky. Wish there was a Zuk dealer like that somewhere.

Not a brand snob here. I have had honda's, yamaha's, suzuki's, and aprilia's. Never a kawaski... or a ducati.... But Suzuki has seemed to always fit me better then the other brands when I was ready to buy! They all make a good products! Almost got a new r1 over my gsxr 1k! But the gsxr just felt better.... Now I got 3 suzuki's....

Back