Suspicious Crash with Cop

DougE

Registered
Montgomery County police have named the motorcyclist killed Thursday evening after crashing into the back of an officer’s patrol car on Maryland’s Intercounty Connector. Thirty-one-year-old Carlos Ivan Diaz-Franco, a Silver Spring resident, was killed when he crashed into the back of a Montgomery County police officer’s cruiser on the westbound Intercounty Connector between Georgia Avenue and Shady Grove Road, the Montgomery County Police Department said in an update Friday.

I know some of his friends and the said that he was an experienced track rider. The picture released makes it a bit difficult to see that he ran into the back of the cop car since the damage on the cruiser is on the rear left panel. The incident seems similar to when the Florida Cop brake checked the rider causing him to crash. I think that the cop may have swerved into the rider causing the crash. The investigation is still ongoing.

crash.JPG

The rider must have been really moving too do that damage to the car...

Was there a pursuit in progress?

The rider must have been really moving too do that damage to the car...

Was there a pursuit in progress?
No pursuit. But that stretch of highway is known for having motorcycles speed there all the time. It's a toll road so there isn't that much traffic.

No pursuit. But that stretch of highway is known for having motorcycles speed there all the time. It's a toll road so there isn't that much traffic.
Could have been an accident....maybe the bike was travelling at warp speed and the cop was simply merging?

The damage would be different if the police vehicle was at speed, it looks like the bike glanced off the rear of the car. Hopefully the cop didn't purposely swerve into the bike...

Reactions: pcs
Could have been an accident....maybe the bike was travelling at warp speed and the cop was simply merging?

The damage would be different if the police vehicle was at speed, it looks like the bike glanced off the rear of the car. Hopefully the cop didn't purposely swerve into the bike...
Yea I wouldn't doubt that he was speeding but after an incident in Florida, it makes me think that cops will start changing tactics in stopping speeding bikes without having to chase.

Here in Va, if a bike is speeding, and refuses to stop, if they don't have a passenger, a State Trooper can stop them by any means nesacery...including running into or over you, if you die...oh well.
That’s why I stay out of VA as much as I can. Only time i ride down there is to go to Shenandoah. But I will rarely speed when I’m there.

Yea I wouldn't doubt that he was speeding but after an incident in Florida, it makes me think that cops will start changing tactics in stopping speeding bikes without having to chase.

i think the rider messed up on this one. u can see the patrol car slow down for approximately 6 seconds in the left lane before he crashed into the car. the right lane was open so he could have moved into that lane. also, from the time the trooper hit the brakes, the rider went from approx 81mph to 47mph before impact. the riders mind was “blacked out” during his little stunt show imo. 6 secs is plenty of time to slow down or get out of the way. i don’t know if the east coast uses the same terminology but it’s called a traffic brake, an S pattern driving. in cali, chp does that all the time to get traffic to slow down. his speed was also blurred out on the highway bc he was prob doing tripple digits messing around behind a marked patrol car in the middle of the day flying through traffic. did he not think that wasnt going to draw attention? i dont know him personally but from looking at his channel, people that are chasing “like share subscribe” post dumb stuff all the time. fortunately (unfortunately for him) his show boating only caused him issues. what i take issue is these squids bring “heat” onto other sport bike riders.

Back