Suspension adjustments

Imp66

Registered
Let me preface this by saying that, while I realize that this question is going to make me sound like a total newbie, I'm not. Been riding for 16 years, have owned a bike basically since I was 15 in one form or another, but I have always been a car guy (as far as working on and building) and the guys I "grew up" riding with were more the Harley-type, get on and ride kind. That being said, my Hayabusa is by far the best bike I have ever owned, and I more inspired to ride, modify and tweak than ever before. The Shadow is feeling pretty jealous right about now.

So, I need help understanding suspension adjustments, and where I should be and kind of a "how-to and why". I'm 6'1", 250 and it's about 50/50 that I'm 2-up with the wife. I've been very happy just leaving it where it was from the factory, but I realize that I can probably improve ride and performance by making adjustments. I just don't know how or what, really.

And while suggested aftermarket improvement suggestions are welcome, I'm really looking for what I can do to the stock components at this time and why.

Sorry to be long winded! Thanks in advance for help.

jinkster attacks suspension , thats the title of a post it will walk you through step by step with pics and explanations . when you get through with yours youll be an expert uspension tuner , realy good post that will help you set it for your height and weight! sombody will put a link ! ill look for it:D

Try going
Jinkster's suspension "how to" helped me a whole alot and made a HUGE difference.

Thanks guys.
cool.gif

Back