Super Car

Actually the CCX is no longer the fastest production car in the world. The Bugatti Veyron took the title from it when it went 253 and was subsequently dethroned itself when the SSC Ultimate Aero went 254 over an average of two runs. They claim the latest version of the Aero is geared for 285 and, with wind tunnel testing, the aerodynamics would allow for 272 if the power was there.

The CCX just took the title of "fastest production car from 0-186-0" (300kmh) in under 30 seconds. (I believe the SLR 722 Edition was the previous record holder)

It was also the fastest around Top Gear's test track (after they put the new wing on) for awhile, but it was outrun by the Ascari A10 and just recently by the new twin turbo Gumpert Apollo.

And I believe the twin screw Lysholm blower was only available on the earlier CC8S and CCR, the CCX has twin centrifugal superchargers.

"If you haven't seen the future you haven't driven fast enough."
-Christian Von Koenigsegg

:rofl::rofl: WOW, Could you imagine! Unburned fuel lighting up,:rofl: I'll bet that would be like driving with a light switch.:laugh: The Stig rocks, I've never seem him moving his hands so fast from the onboard when the rear stepped out,thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

Some great car videos of chit I can never afford or drive like that!!! TopGear or even 5th Gear!!! The Brits know how to put on a show!!!

Back