Sunrise@Sunrise

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
- Sunrise@Sunrise[/url]

A gaggle of SoCal Hoons out enjoying Sunrise Highway at sunrise on 13SEP09.

This video is superbly ethereal due to its lighting blow-outs and pixelation points. It lends itself well to the group of relative hardcore riders who are willing to rise before the sun and get out on the roads before most of the rest of the (local) world. Gilman, Jimmy, Ben, David, Adam and I enjoy the brisk Sunrise Morning.

Special thanks to the group "Muse" for the tunes employed here (United States of Eurasia (+ Collateral Damage (Chopin's Polonaise)) and Guiding Light).

The camera (Sony DSC-30) was mounted on the fantail of Adam's '08 R1...which he would crash (Banner Grade) and total later that day. (He has since purchased a new '08 CBR1000RR, on which he took delivery yesterday.)

There is really no pressing point to the video...just an enjoyable ride across a short stretch of what is clearly my favorite local road.

Be sure to stick around for the last few seconds of the video, when some revealing revelations are pronounced.

:laugh:

Enjoy.

:beerchug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, guys.

Doyle: That's one of our primary routes to Julian. Indeed, we did that one while you were down here last!

I would LOVE to know which one your friend likes/liked more, between the R-1, or the CBR ?

Again.....I'm a HATER !! The roads you have make me sick !!! Thanks again for another vid !! I ALWAYS enjoy watching them !!

I can't wait to do that road again.:thumbsup:
Truly some of SD's finest.
That was one of the first roads I rode on in SD when I first met you and the SD gang.:beerchug:
Bubba

Last edited:
I would LOVE to know which one your friend likes/liked more, between the R-1, or the CBR ?

Again.....I'm a HATER !! The roads you have make me sick !!! Thanks again for another vid !! I ALWAYS enjoy watching them !!

I'll for sure let you know, yo! Another friend has both the '09 CBR1000RR and the '09 R1, as well...if you'd like that comparo...

I'm sure he'd be happy to oblige! :beerchug:

I Was Along For Sunrise@Sunrise

Scar, thanks for posting. I wasn't in the video so much as I was in front of the camera. I'll have to look up the group as the words to the sound track are interesting.

Of note and not to derail your thread, did any of the other video of that day make it's way onto your hard drive?

I feel pretty bad about leading the way before our buddy "checked out" for the day. Interesting use of the word "fantail".

-Gilman

Re: I Was Along For Sunrise@Sunrise

Scar, thanks for posting. I wasn't in the video so much as I was in front of the camera. I'll have to look up the group as the words to the sound track are interesting.

Of note and not to derail your thread, did any of the other video of that day make it's way onto your hard drive?

I feel pretty bad about leading the way before our buddy "checked out" for the day. Interesting use of the word "fantail".

-Gilman

Gilman; I will ask that we get together soon so I can show you the Montezuma hoonery. It's all on tape. I showed it to Adam, just so he could see that what would have been a spectacular masterpiece was, well, not. That's all I'll say about that--for now. Let's figure out a morning coffee here soon.

Don't feel bad about the events on Banner Grade. Adam just needs to slow his roll. I told him so, and he has agreed to do so. He's a good rider, but needs more saddle-time. I'll do what I can to guide him.

"Fantail." Seems somehow appropriate... Can't take the ocean out of the sailor.

"ras"

Scar, that is good news. I'd like to see how the stuff coming out of Borrego looked. There are so vew video's with me in them. Most likely for good reason.

From watching Adam ride for half a day he has a weak side going from left to right. Sounds like he is still trying to shake off the jitters from before. If I knew him better I would have been more direct. No need of me being more of an ass then I usually am.

Time and location to be set via PM for coffee. This weekend looks to be as good as any.

-Gilman

Re: "ras"

Scar, that is good news. I'd like to see how the stuff coming out of Borrego looked. There are so vew video's with me in them. Most likely for good reason.

From watching Adam ride for half a day he has a weak side going from left to right. Sounds like he is still trying to shake off the jitters from before. If I knew him better I would have been more direct. No need of me being more of an ass then I usually am.

Time and location to be set via PM for coffee. This weekend looks to be as good as any.

-Gilman

Left to right...just the way he was 'on it' when he whacked that turkey. No doubt still causing some issues. It hasn't been that long...

Got the PM.

:thumbsup: Im gonna have to hook up with your boy and get him some multi cams for different angles.. Keep them coming

JDog...dude...we need to collaborate on something...that'd be a blast.

When I'm ready to do the '10 Stampede 'teaser', I'm going to look you up and ask you to assist. Interested?

I love this video...

It's a revival thread, for those of you who can't ride right now, who might enjoy a little get-out.

Stay warm, ya'lls. :beerchug:

Everyone should view this video...it's a great item for a cold-winter evening.

Back