Sturgis this yr

My dad always heads up there, I was thinking of going with him this year since I have never gone before. He is now able to keep up with me since he just got an FJR 1300.

I want to go but there's not hotels ..does anyone know of a place that I can stay at..I'm not into camping.
smile.gif

I'm getting a VRod this year...yahoo.

<!--EDIT|flying swan
Reason for Edit: None given...|1079493573 -->

Flying swan are ya sure ya checked all the hotels already i know i have come into the rally mid week and found a room a bit pricey but hey it works i plan to go this year not sure what i will ride though cause its always so full of cruisers i will probly take the valk who know and well my GF's family lives there so i got a free place to stay is kinda nice but unless you wana stay in sturgis check out some other neighboring towns or even some of the ranches with cabins i'm sure you could stay at if i hear of something i will let ya know and try checking back later there is sometimes openings

Thanks MidnightBusainSD,
I'll check back later. sounds like a great event..I just came back from Bike Week in Daytona..I totally loved it. Can't wait for next year. Those Harley guys definitely know how to have fun.
smile.gif

Yeah you need to check out hotels in the towns around sturgis. Should be plenty of rooms withing 10-15 miles.

Hey Thunderpant how was the big gathering in near denver that bike show i so wanted to go to bad i had to work grrr they gona have it this year do ya know?

It was pretty fun, we didn't get there early enough to sign up for demo rides so we missed out.  There was a good turnout but not much entertainment.  The SuperMoto racing was awesome though, even if you don't think it is your type of racing I would highly suggest going to watch it.  Scott Russell, Schwantz, McGrath and a ton of others were banging bars like there was no tomorrow.  The things they were doing on these bikes was amazing.  

I just checked the web site and they are having it again this year.  August 27-29, and the SuperMoto bikes are back this year.  Check it out here: Cycle Fest Colorado

You are going to have to make it this year.

<!--EDIT|ThunderPants
Reason for Edit: None given...|1079815227 -->

Midnight,
Do you know how far Rapid City is from Sturgis..and how long it takes to ride to Sturgis from Rapid City..there's places there..not sure what to do?
sad.gif

Swan yeah Rapid is like a 30 to 45 minute ride if that from Sturgis interstate straight on or you can take the longer route there which is also nice there are also many towns such as Hill City,Spearfish Deadwood, Nemo, Lead, Hot springs, and Custer is probly the farthest away the milage isn't so the farthest but just the time consumption and if ya take a look at a map i'm sure you can find some other Rapids not bad though there is alot in the town and fairly conveinet to ride there good luck and hope to see ya there i'll be checking in on some campsite info my uncle supposidly has a place out there a camp site it's a ways away but i will know more info later on
biggrin.gif
hope to meet ya guys there

Hey thunder pants i tried the link and no worky i'm gona do my best this year last year at that time i was out in WA with the busa but now that the GF lives in Rapid, SD i should be able to sneak down there i hope only time will tell
cool.gif

Yeah it worked this time thanks Thunder not sure yet see if i can round a few people up for it stuff like this i have to start planny for now which kinda sucks gona have a full summer i hope between getting back into the car stereo compition, riding, and the GF which been the best one i had so far so might have to make a few plan changes to include her but it's all good
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|MidnightBusainSD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1079825781 -->

Wow NE thats pretty surpriseing i woulda never guess that so you gona be partaking in that even this year or even the one in colorado? or a bit far of a jont for you this year?
rock.gif

Wow NE thats pretty surprising.

I woulda never guess that so you gona be partaking in that even this year or even the one in colorado? or a bit far of a jont for you this year?
rock.gif
I's like to this year just to see it.  I went years and years ago with my older (departed) brother when I lived in Wisconsin.  So I can officially take it off the list with 4 other spots.  Still would be nice to see now. hey who know?

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1079842807 -->

Yeah Frisbee there is one thing there is some nice riding around in that area to bad it gets completly flooded during the rally to where a person sometimes can't enjoy i found early morings are usually best all the harley guys are still asleep from the late night partys
wow.gif

Thanks Midnight..I found a suite in Rapid City..$269.00 us a night for 5 nights..wow that's a lot of money...don't know yet.
Michael ..it'll be fun..but you got to be on a Harley..I'm getting a Harley..can't go on the busa...they're Harley crazy down there..better to be safe.
Hey Michael..I'm going to Bikeobterfest in Daytona...I'll be there between October 19 to the 26. Are you going again?
smile.gif

Back