Stupid Traffic

Longstone

Registered
Riding home yesterday in traffic I watch as this older couple forces their way into the far left lane. Usually nothing special about that except they were pulling a boat. I figured they were trying to get into the left lane so they could then force themselves into the left-hand turn lane. To my surprise that isn't what happened at all. Instead the car separating me and the boat got into the turn lane and the older couple pulling the boat went straight.

Now I don't like being behind anything that could have something fly out of the back of it and hit me. I also didn't like the idea of a car not stopping at the next light and shoving me into the prop so I immediately started looking for an opportunity to merge into the right lane.

What happened next I didn't expect, and I can't say I've ever had it happen to me before. As we're going down the city street at 45MPH the bilge pump cranks up on this boat and starts dumping gallons of water out the side, which proceed to go all over me and the bike!

I would have loved the opportunity to share my disappointment with these clowns at the next light if they hadn't decided at the last minute to do a U-turn in the middle of a 6-lane street because they missed their turn. :banghead:

At least it wasn't the sewerage outlet on an RV......I'm glad I wasn't on the bike at the time....

Ugh...sometimes life is such a struggle.

Makes you wonder how those people made it that far in life without Darwinizing themselves.

Same type thing happens to me sometimes when coming to work, the lunch trucks are always dumping their nasty water out the side and if am in the lane next to them or a little back I get splashed pretty good and it sucks, stinky too.
Bubba

At least it wasn't the sewerage outlet on an RV......I'm glad I wasn't on the bike at the time....
yeah you wouldnt want to be on a boat in the river when a certian tour buss passed over a grated bridge in chicago:whistle:

I get really stressed out at cage drivers. I do some really stupid stuff when they piss me off. I'm an admitted hot head in traffic. I think I need professional help.

I get really stressed out at cage drivers. I do some really stupid stuff when they piss me off. I'm an admitted hot head in traffic. I think I need professional help.

Admitting the problem is the first step :whistle:

Sorry bout the billage ...

Back