strip paint

busacruz

Donating Member
Registered
just wondering if anyone has tried to use stripper on the plastics with any success or does it harm the plastic.... the can says not to use on plastic but i cant see why you cant as long as your careful . i am going to repaint my busa and even though i want to do a good job any help stripping would be a plus.... thanks guys
smile.gif

granted its not a bike, but i am using this 1 spray can / aerosol can stripper stuff i got at walmart (comes in a orange/white can) and used it just recently and some parts of my car that im sanding down to metal (and just taking the layers off the GFX/bumper, ect) and have not had any problem. says to let sit for 15 mins when the part is warm (aka, let it sit outside for 30 mins b 4 applying) and it usally only takes 3-4 mins before the paint bubbles all off.

dont use stripper,just makes a mess. Just block with some 320-400 and yer ready to go. Couple hours tops.If you use stripper and it doesnt destroy the plastic(which it might)you'll still have to scuff them up.
RSD.

thanks rsd ,i am going to go that route.i figure all i really need to do is rough the clearcloat ,primer, smooth and paint. i guess sometimes we try to do to much and make it harder on ourselves. aziroc, i appreciate you to for the feedback:)

Back