strange bogging out/hard shifts

BusaHaya402

Registered
i changed my oil yesterday, just like ive done before (had no problems) and later on at night i was riding with a passenger, at about 90 mph and maybe 6000 rpm (i think i was in 3rd gear but dont remember) the bike started losing momentum, i gassed it hard but the only thing it did was slowly lose speed, so i tried to shift and it was so jerky that it threw the girl into me, and still no power at any rpm in that gear......i kept the throttle pinned, downshifted twice and tried again to accelerate, not working..........so i upshifted again and once again she was thrown into me, by now im at about 40 mph, and then magically the problem went away, the throttle worked fine and i accelerated to about 120, and the problem hasnt happened since..........what the hell happened?

also, is it uncommon for a front brake pad to last 3500 miles -- stock pads with that mileage, it felt weird stopping today so i looked at the rotor and its beginning to get grooves in it, im guessing the pad is shot, i hope i dont hafta buy a new rotor as well............thanks for the advice.........

by the way, its an 05 with 3500 miles

<!--EDIT|BusaHaya402
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122868644 -->

hmm....check fuel lines and filters. Hopefully the fule pump didn't crap out.

It'd be a good place to start...

hmmm .. I hate to ask .. but yah dint happen to "click" the kill switch..by accident ..and perhaps.. Not.."notice it " ?? then re-"click" it .. by accident ? ..could of happend
wink.gif

what kind of oil did you use? Is it possible that you used the wrong type, the one with the "energy conserving additives" in it? If so it isn't friendly to your clutch. Just a thought.

Back